What's everyone paying for paint to match?

Matt

Reaction score
Just got a quote on my 08 to do bumpers, flares, fender vents and mirror caps for $1300. Are they way high?

Spatel23

Reaction score
I thought the price I got quoted was high also but I got 2 different quotes and they were both right there with yours.

I got quoted 1200 for 5 handles, pinchweld covers, mirror caps, grill surround, and tailgate.
Price includes installation of 5 handles.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
seems about right. maybe a little high.. maybe get them to do the doorhandles for the same price if they aren't already done.

Spatel23

Reaction score
I got mine from the same place I did for the last truck. They are fkin astronomically priced though.

Trevor at PMF has some that he is making now for cheap.

Wayne

Reaction score
Type of material used, and painting process can affect cost and quality quite a lot. I had my bumpers sand blasted, and powder coated the closest possible color before they were painted, so when, not if the paint chips, it chips into the "same" color, and doesn't rust. There's no way that process is included for $1200 unless they're paying you for the opportunity to work on your truck. Lots of corners can be cut by body shops to meet a quote, but if you want a high-end job, be sure to explain it when you ask for a quote, otherwise the can of economy paint gets used, and primer gets skimped or skipped.

Matt

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, fellas. I'm gonna go ahead and let them do it. I figured they were close, but not sure how close on price. Now I just need time to pull the mirror caps and fender vents off.

Wayne

Reaction score
Me, a high roller :rolleyes:LOLYou know I love you, mike :grouphug: I do like the pinch weld covers too. I wish I could follow what you guys have going for your builds a little closer, but from what I know, it is definitely going in a direction I'm a fan of :toast:

Matt

Reaction score
Alright, next question, I saw a set of fender vents that were completely smooth. Like where it is indented and says Super Duty and F-250 it was filled in. Anyone have any ideas how to do that?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Alright, next question, I saw a set of fender vents that were completely smooth. Like where it is indented and says Super Duty and F-250 it was filled in. Anyone have any ideas how to do that?

pics?

Matt

Reaction score
Like this

misc018.jpg

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I imagine on a stock emblem its a epoxy filler that's sanded, buffed, blah blah blah. I doubt they would have used body mud for something like that . Either way, you could always have a set machined blank if you wanted. Me personally, that looks terrible

Matt

Reaction score
I imagine on a stock emblem its a epoxy filler that's sanded, buffed, blah blah blah. I doubt they would have used body mud for something like that . Either way, you could always have a set machined blank if you wanted. Me personally, that looks terrible

I wonder what kind of epoxy. Machining blank plates isn't an option. I'm using Harley vents, chump.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I wonder what kind of epoxy. Machining blank plates isn't an option. I'm using Harley vents, chump.

Good question. I imagine you wouldn't want anything that would setup to hard that you could work with it. You could hit your local paint guy up about it, maybe they would have some ideas.

Billet badges could incorporate your Harley vents into something custom. You just have to loosen up your grip on those greenbacks, my Jewish friend.

Latest posts

Members online