What's Up with All These 1000+ HP 6.0's Lately?

6 L chevy eater

Reaction score
why not tune the 4R ur self through the PCS till u get it dialed in properly?? you shifting it will never be as consistent and the PCS doin it, with the data log capabilties the PCS has, its fairly simple to dial in the shifting.

Lock up can also be datalogged and controlled very easily with a couple clicks of the mouse.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
We do not have a PCS controller. We are using a US Shift product called a Quick4.

A little update on it... We were able to get the controller working for everything other than lockup, either issue with the controller or an issue with my fingers. But regardless it works much better than a button.

We ran consecutive 11.2 @ 118 passes with consecutive 1.5 60' times.

That was locking it with a manual switch and it was certainly shifting a little early. Didn't want to mess with the controller anymore with worry that it may screw it all up yet again.

It definitely has 10s in it as it sits. Fuel only of course!

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Why not a Pcs?

We choose to go a different route and rather than ditching it, I would rather learn it. It has all the capability in the world. We just have very little time to mess with the truck so the learning curve is severely extended because of that.

Regardless I know we have huge room for improvement and are knowing on the door of 10s with a single 472.

BOSS450

Reaction score
I looked up that software. Looks interesting! Cool to hear there's other things out there. Would be awesome to check it out sometime and compare! And at 6500 lbs that's moving! Good to hear!

swinky

Reaction score
Mid 11s on fuel
960 on nitrous

Regardless though, I know what is actually happening... you can either believe it or continue to sit on the forums and fight a losing battle.

I should have more stock rod numbers tomorrow as well (fuel only). We ran 11.8 without converter lock-up and some shifting issues. We have since lost about 500lbs, went from a 467FMW to a 472SXE, and are able to paddle shift the 4r so its 100% up to the drive to lock it up and shift it no more electronics to screw us up.

Also have nitrous on tap if we cannot break into the 10s as it sits now with 330/100's and a 472 with a single Dieselsite HPOP

You don't know anything lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I looked up that software. Looks interesting! Cool to hear there's other things out there. Would be awesome to check it out sometime and compare! And at 6500 lbs that's moving! Good to hear!

It was recommended to us by John Wood when he built us the transmission. Very helpful bunch of people within the company as well!

Latest posts

Members online