Wheel opinons

TripleE44

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm thinking of switching up my wheels to a black 20x12 hostage. Reason is, I got my novakanes because the 20x10s were out of stock, so I ended up with a 20x9 not thinking it'd make a huge difference. They just seem to have the "pizza cutter" look to me coupled with the tires that also appear skinny. Anyways, should I switch or no? Opinions welcomed, good or bad and don't sugar coat em.

The only thing else I'd probably change is change up the chrome outer on the fender vent, and smoke the amber lens inside the headlights.

IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0974.jpg

JMart

Reaction score
I think it looks good the way it is. I dont think the black will look good with the white, and gray you have going already.

washingtoncoastie

Reaction score
I like pizza cutters myself. Not too many of us left I guess. If your truck actually sees mud the pizza cutters will do better as long as there is a bottom to the mud. I think the chrome rims set off white trucks if that is the only chrome. Too many people doing the whitetruck/black rims imho.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Looks awesome the way it is. 20x10's would probably look just a little bit better, but I don't think I'd go through all that trouble myself, looks sharp the way it is man.

jdc753

Reaction score
I say ditch em, get rid of them and move on to bigger and better...

I only say that cause I would want them on my truck though. Honestly I love the way the truck looks now, and personally I strongly dislike the extended cab short bed body style, very few pull it off in my opinion.

I definitely wouldn't do black wheels, and if you changed to anything jumping up to 20x12's might make for a good look, just wish you were closer so I could buy off your wheels for cheap.

TripleE44

Reaction score
Dang guys, well I guess I'll stick to the chrome then. I can't believe not one person thought the black would be a better look. The real reason was I had someone that was willing to swap even with me for my novakanes, but I'm gonna have to take the majority's advice... :cool:

17BLKplat

Reaction score
I am down with the idea of a wider wheel. Black would look good too, only thought is that everyone seems to be doing it any more. The chrome is different now.
Me personally; I love these trucks with wide wheels and tires, they handle them really well. It's not supposed to look like a wagon wheel, it's supposed to look stout and tough.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
I think the truck would definitely look better with wider wheels, but it doesn't necessarily look bad now.

Like everone else said though, don't go black. I wanted black for a while, but now I think i'm gonna go with chrome on my next set. I like my wheels shiny :)

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i know what you mean with the width, i think too myself i would like a wider wheel but the offset just doesnt work with a 10 inch wide wheel for what i wanted

I def wouldnt go black, played out these days, i love my chrome wheels now... clean look IMHO

David S.

Reaction score
I am down with the idea of a wider wheel. Black would look good too, only thought is that everyone seems to be doing it any more. The chrome is different now.
Me personally; I love these trucks with wide wheels and tires, they handle them really well. It's not supposed to look like a wagon wheel, it's supposed to look stout and tough.

:whs: I agree with Nate wider wheels defientaly look better I'm not a huge fan of the rubber band look from the rear

TripleE44

Reaction score
Ya I think I may try and find me some 20x12s. I'll probably just watch the classifieds and CL and see what I can come up with. Is there even anything in a 20x12 other than the hostages or the few xds? Nothing really comes to my mind, and if I end up buying new it'd be cool to get something not too many people have....

cw96stroker

Reaction score
Pickup looks good, I love ex cab short beds! An If you end up getting 20x12s I think it will look even better, but I wouldn't try to pull the black wheel look if I had your pickup. Yea sometimes it's tricky to find something neat an different, but hopefully you'll find something you like.

Abrannan19

Reaction score
I had the 22x9.5 fuel off-road on my truck, i was never happy with the lip size from the day i installed them. I wanted the 22x11 from the start but was worried about rubbing issues since i only have a 2.5" level kit. I was the diesel power mag 6.7 build up and they did 11 wide with only a level kit. So I sold mine and got the 11 wides and i am so much happier now, wish I could of used a 13.50 wide tire but it would have rubbed wayy worse then the little bit I have now I know exactly where you are coming from. Your truck looks good as is, but wider would look even better.

Silver2010

Reaction score
I have black 22x9.5 on my silver truck with 35x12.5 with a 2.5" leveling kit in the pics below. Just put a 4.5" in this week(no pics yet) and will be going up to a 37x13.5 once my pockets allow. I'm happy with the lip size on these. BUT I'm getting some peel on the "chrome" bolt heads on the outer part of the wheel now with only about 3k miles on them though. Prob paint them black soon.
DSC00115.jpg

DSC00128.jpg

K_Hood

Reaction score
It's a tough choice brother. However I think you said you had a guy who was willing to trade you wheels for wheels. Maybe if it's not to much to ask, you could see if it would be cool to throw them on your truck just to see how it looks. If you're not a huge fan of it, then stick with the chrome you have now and wait till something appeals to you in a wider chrome wheel. :thumbup:

I think it looks killer the way it is now, but wider would definitely be an upgrade and not a downgrade. It is your truck bro, do what you think looks best! :thumbup:

Latest posts

Members online