When in doubt...CHANGE IT OUT!

dietoremain

Reaction score
So my best bud had issues with his 97 it wouldnt start unless you left it plugged in and even then it didnt want to run.. He went on and on and changed the Fuel pump, the uvch, the GPR and GPs..
Has a new ICP sensor..

And all along... it was the damn CPS. lol. The most obvious thing...(he has multiple 7.3's so he forgot that he never changed this one, it was the original black one still).

So anyway.. if you're truck is acting up or odd just try it first... no matter what..could save you some money and time lol.

01 blue 7.3

Reaction score
I have this problem with my 01, what's the cps? Sorry to sound dumb lol. And what's the uvch, the GPR and GPs..?

01 blue 7.3

Reaction score
Thanks, I changed the cps this summer. How hard and how expensive are UVCH= Under Valve Cover Harness
GPR= Glow Plug Relay
GP's= Glow Plugs

01 blue 7.3

Reaction score
Thanks, I changed the cps this summer. How hard and how expensive are UVCH= Under Valve Cover Harness
GPR= Glow Plug Relay
GP's= Glow Plugs

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
GPR= Glow Plug Relay
GP's= Glow Plugs

They are all pretty easy to change out and they arent that expensive either. You can also get them all in a package-like deal. Contact Paul @ Complete Performance. You can send him a message. You can find him in the Sponsers section. He will be able to help you out and give you a great price.

Reaction score
Funny just had a similar problem, ran on the dyno, drove home, parked........went to start later than evening......nothing. Wanted to fire, but would not turn over. A buddy helped me change out the CPR, along with all the above was already new awhile ago. Checked fuses, ran it for codes....nothing. Left it sit over night and came back next morning to check if the IDM went bad and for S&*t's and giggles went to try one more time to see if it would run befor attempting the IDM, and she started right up. haha. Still confused to what was going on?????

smokedout250

Reaction score
The way I see it why would I drive a newer truck? Looks? Hell no! Power think my obs has enuff! Only reason I would want a newer truck if for space and being a little more comfortAble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
The way I see it why would I drive a newer truck? Looks? Hell no! Power think my obs has enuff! Only reason I would want a newer truck if for space and being a little more comfortAble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally love the 08-10 superdutys. And I really like the 6.4 as well. So that'll be my next truck, get deleted and tuned, and become the daily driver while the Old But Sexy gets built. Lol.

Latest posts

Members online