Where can I get 315/85/16's?

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
I can't find these anywhere! Or something close, something tall and narrow that can be dualed with a small spacer. 36" min.

oneton

Reaction score
I can't find these anywhere! Or something close, something tall and narrow that can be dualed with a small spacer. 36" min.

i think swamper is the only company making anything close to that size.gateway went out of business,they did make some 36x10.50.

most swamper tire in that size are gonna be bias.swamper has a 13/36,but it is bias ply,6ply rating 36 tall 10.5 wide at sidewall.they list it as 13 wide but it is narrow.IF they still make them also p,r,and q 78's are close to that size.

swamper did have a 35x10.50-16 ssr

that is about it for tire options,and swamper has cut production on alot of tires so these may not be available either

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
Yah I've used both in the past, on a 6" wheel at 80 psi the 36 grows to 37" hehe.

I need a hard radial. Sposed to be a buckshot somewhere but it has eluded me as well.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
I can't believe that I can actually get 4 adapters, 4 polished 22.5 wheels, 2 black steel, and 6 new 255/70/22.5 tires for the same price as new 16" wheels and tires. NO ONE has freaking 16's anymore!!!! what the firetruck!

Good thing is this is helping me get over spending $850 on adapters.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
I can get 4 polished AF 22.5x8.25 and 2 matching steels with adapters and lugcovers/caps for $2100.

RedSmokey

Reaction score
There is a 325/85/16 but it equals out to about a 38ish/13/16. But you would probably have a hell of time finding them

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
Yah that's the thing, they're rare and expensive. Im talking to sone guys about big 10 conversion right now.

jngreen

Reaction score
Powersmoker had some 315/75 R16 BFG A/Ts on his stock 16's (on his dually). I believe he had to use a spacer in the rear, but it fit okay. I know these are shorter than you want, but that size will be a lot easier to find.

oneton

Reaction score
I can't believe that I can actually get 4 adapters, 4 polished 22.5 wheels, 2 black steel, and 6 new 255/70/22.5 tires for the same price as new 16" wheels and tires. NO ONE has freaking 16's anymore!!!! what the firetruck!

Good thing is this is helping me get over spending $850 on adapters.

where can you get the above combo?

on the military tires,if you can find some mich 900/16's they are close to the size you want,but are hard to find,you can find 1100/16's they are about 39x13

on the buckshots.you are looking for the gateway brand,not the maxxis buckshot radials.two totally different tires.they have not made gateway's in about 3yrs.i have a set of 305/85-16's,i should've bought another set when i found them a couple years back.you may luck up and find a set of gateway's new,but they will prolly be pricey.they were going for over 250$ per tire rite before they quit making them.

Last edited:

old96stroker

Reaction score
joe i might know where there is a wrecked four wheel drive f450 with aluminum wheels on it, i can check monday if you are interested, if i remember right they were ten hole alcoas also with a little more aggressive tread on them too, they are nice wheels.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
joe i might know where there is a wrecked four wheel drive f450 with aluminum wheels on it, i can check monday if you are interested, if i remember right they were ten hole alcoas also with a little more aggressive tread on them too, they are nice wheels.

Prolly 19.5 small circle. But check

Here's 1 place http://duallywheels4u.com/americanforceclassic.html

There's another place that sells refurbished alum for 229 apiece

Last edited:

old96stroker

Reaction score
Joe, I don't think they will fit your truck but I am wondering how hard it would be to swap axles, I believe this truck was 4.10 geared,would be a cool swap, talk about unique! I will check Monday bud, what does small circle mean?

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
Joe, I don't think they will fit your truck but I am wondering how hard it would be to swap axles, I believe this truck was 4.10 geared,would be a cool swap, talk about unique! I will check Monday bud, what does small circle mean?

The 10 bolt light truck circle is smaller than semi, I believe they're also not hub pilot. I apreciate the offer to look but I don't want to swap axles.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score

Correct, the f450/550 19.5"s don't bolt up to a f350 and as far as I know you can't get an adapter. I think those wheels are 10 x 225, while the 22.5"s are 10 x 285.

Any luck on picking a tire/ wheel combo yet Joe?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.