where can i get just a fuel bowl lid that isnt a pos

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Okay, here are the two different filters... OBS is on the left, and SD is on the right.

photo3-1.jpg

The ones we have bought have been wix, and they are the exact same filter. Look more like the one on the left, not just 1 box was like that, dozens of them.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I'll have to see if I have a box or receipt or if my dad has one, but I'm pretty sure the ones I get always end in 7.

I don't see how that filter would fit in a SD fuel bowl at all. Not doubting you, it is just way longer than the SD filter.

ATF Burner

Reaction score
I have never had a problem with the Purolator filters from Advance. No leaks, and always threads on fine. They come with the lid attached as well.

barnhartred

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but I bought the Motorcraft had to replace the lid bought one from O'riellys returned the first and the second also leaked. I am getting the Wix with lid built in, I hope this cures the leak this is very frustrating.

barnhartred

Reaction score
I just ordered the Racor OEM lid off EBay for $24.95 with free shipping. I said screw it since I just paid $37 for the Motorcraft fuel filter. I think except for oil and such I need to stick with Motorcraft.

Latest posts

Members online