Where did I go wrong?

The Brad

Reaction score
When I run it with the AIH deleted it comes back with the code and nothing else. When I put it back in, it failed #7. It did the same thing when I took it to a shop on an NGS tester so the tech used the breakout box and watched MFD.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
My 02 never have me a problem contribution testing without the aih...
Mine either..
When I run it with the AIH deleted it comes back with the code and nothing else. When I put it back in, it failed #7. It did the same thing when I took it to a shop on an NGS tester so the tech used the breakout box and watched MFD.
Interesting, what are you using to do the cct?
My buddy has a DP tuner monitor thingy and his stopped early as well, I might pass the word a long
I'm using a aeroforce scan gauge with out any issues ...

The Brad

Reaction score
I'm using Autoenginuity, but it also affected my mechanic's NGS. Perdels only showed a 1.5 for #7, but unplugging or canceling it had no effect on idle. It was also a lot quieter with a stethoscope compared to 1,3 &5.

My 02 never have me a problem contribution testing without the aih...

Does this mean you've had a cylinder fail cct without the AIH installed, or have passed the cct with no AIH? I thought all of my cct results were saying "all is good except for the AIH", but in reality, the cct stopped once the AIH code was found.

Another thing I've found is when I unplug an injector, while watching Perdels, all reading go to zero.

Last edited:

ghohouston

Reaction score
When all were good, it passed, with an aih code. Think about e99 and obs trucks, they didn't have an aih from the factory, and they still need cct's run on them. Iirc, the e99 trucks throw a code for aih as well though.

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
Have you tried the AIH delete wire thingy? I run one on mine just because I despise having codes. Mine works very well in 2 years of use.

Arisley

Reaction score
My E99 has a 2000 engine harness and a PMT2 PCM. My AE thinks it is a 2001, and returns the wrong VIN number.

It still runs contribution test perfectly fine.

Last edited:

tubular031

Reaction score
Here's an update.

I've learned that a cylinder contribution test doesn't work when the AIH is missing, it ends the test prematurely. So the next best thing is to cancel 1 injector at a time while watching MFD. Sure enough, when I canceled #7, there was no change in MFD. I reinstalled my AIH and ran a CCT and #7 failed.

I still have a fuel knock on the drivers side that sounds hollow, like someone's hitting the valve cover with a screwdriver handle, but it goes away on deceleration.There's also a loud tick and using a stethoscope, it sounds like the tick is coming from #2. I guess another session with a breakout box is in order.

I just stumbled onto this thread. I have the same rough idle and stumble you have talked about. I also have the same knock on the drivers side. My injectors are reman ADs from full force and I have been trying to figure it out for 2 months. Ran fine before the new injectors went in. FFD sent me 2 warranty injectors and I replaced 3 and 4 since they were failing the CCT. 4 made the truck better but still has the stumble and 3 had no change. The idle seems better when the truck is cold (right now start up oil temp is in the 90s) and after driving and getting the oil to 180+ the stumble at idle is much worse.

So I have the AIH removed and based on your post I will be ordering the AIH pigtail to trick the truck into thinking the AIH is still there.

How did you cancel 1 injector at a time?
What is MFD?

I have AE and just bought the dongle to use torque app.

The Brad

Reaction score
MFD is Mass Fuel Desired measured as mg/stroke. When you cancel an injector, the others need more fuel to maintain desired rpm. The best way to cancel an injecitor is to use a breakout box $$$. The cheapest way is to unplug them one at a time under the valve cover.

I've been meaning to update this for awhile, but I haven't amassed enough data yet. I bought a commuter car, so the truck sits. Anyway, I added some Hot Shots to my last oil change and instantly, the idle was perfect for a 100 miles or so. Then, it started surging every now and then at idle. While surging, the only change is in MFD and Inj PW. So apparently, my injectors had stiction issues.

tubular031

Reaction score
I have a feeling #8 might be part of my issue. When I had the truck running with the valve covers off, #8 had a different pattern of oil coming out the spout. It was more of a spit rather than a gulp like the others. Ill try unplugging the others when I open it back up.... again.... I should have just spent the money and got new injectors. I am like you, not a ton of time to keep taking it apart to swap 1 injector and hope for the best...

Since I am new to torque app, can you let me know what gauges you have added that would be useful? I saw in your videos a bunch but cant really make out what they all are.

Can torque app read the perdel numbers like AE can?

The Brad

Reaction score
I have a feeling #8 might be part of my issue. When I had the truck running with the valve covers off, #8 had a different pattern of oil coming out the spout. It was more of a spit rather than a gulp like the others. Ill try unplugging the others when I open it back up.... again.... I should have just spent the money and got new injectors. I am like you, not a ton of time to keep taking it apart to swap 1 injector and hope for the best...

Since I am new to torque app, can you let me know what gauges you have added that would be useful? I saw in your videos a bunch but cant really make out what they all are.

Can torque app read the perdel numbers like AE can?

Torque won't read Perdels. I sent you a PM for the Torque info.

Latest posts

Members online