Where should i go from here??

mharring

Reaction score
wondering what direction i should go now? S partan tuner, arp studs, intake and exhaust. Im wanting to do something to help my transmission hold the power. What kind of mods can i do to the trans to deal with the added power and torque of the tuner? Performance valve body or torque converter. How long can that transmission hold up the added power. Ill be running a 215 tune or less. Or does anything need to be done to hold up to that power level?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
a converter is always a good reliability/power adding mod .

timj

Reaction score
DPC or Precision converters are the top 2 for us 6.4 guys. I personally am a DPC guy. Phil the owner, is a cool guy to deal with.

Black AOD

Reaction score
I run a Precision Ind. I have no issues with it in the 10k miles I've had it so far...i also have a Midwest diesel competition package 5R Trans so....different story ha

f350guy

Reaction score
I have an RCD converter, which I understand was made by Precision Industries to RCD specs. Drives great, truck is drastically transformed. No more blowing through the stock converter, even with mild tunes (the 475-500hp tunes from the tuners out there). I drove on a 500hp rated tune for years on a stock trans/stock converter...probably still would be on stock trans but if a family member did not break the trans by accident.

This has been in the truck for years now and probably nearly 50,000 miles. You actually are able to use the torque the vehicle makes.

I swear I have seen the stock converter as the first failure on the 5R110W, as it slips. But, how are the OE clutches behind that? My guess barely hanging on also with the bigger tunes.

Maybe it helps, maybe not. :) Happy New Year.

sootie

Reaction score
I would get better tunes if you want the Trans to live...

Latest posts

Members online