Where to begin?

Wesley

Reaction score
Just bought a 97 ccsb 7.3 bone stock being my first diesel im a little new to the game, looking to build a quick,rreliable dd, nothing ridiculous, but Im not really sure where to start, so far ive straight piped it and installed a ts 6pos, any suggestions and help appreciated

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Need to get a Tymar intake. Or NAPA 6637 air filter. Did you get a 3" down pipe?

Last edited:

chromehound

Reaction score
GAUGES! Gotta know what's going on. After that I'd go 6637 and a coolant filter and look into a trans if it's an auto then start reading up on things like turbos, injectors and e fuel.

When I do trucks I try to go: gauges, air filter/CAI, exhaust, support mods (deletes, studs, etc), fuel system, transmission, turbo, injectors and finally extras (diff covers, traction bars, lifts)

Wesley

Reaction score
Yea 3 inch down pipe and did an axle dump, it had a k&n on it when I got it but in my opinion theyre junk, everyones telling me s&b, ive never heard of tymar, I'll have to check up on that, as far as guages ive been lookin at the autometer phantomn2's but then I seen the edge insight cts? Any experiences or opinions on it?

Wesley

Reaction score
I thought the factory downpipe was 3 inch? I totally misunderstood! I didnt bother the downpipe, so I assume that needs to be replaced? Is it hard to do? Looks like some bolts but im sure mine are seized up

79jasper

Reaction score
It's actually only like 2.5. Lol
And it's all flattened out.
Not supposed to be too bad.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Magnum PD

Reaction score
"Hammer"'modify.

It's not a lot of hammering, just where there is a lip.

dsberman94

Reaction score
You clearly have never done a downpipe on an OBS have you? Have you even looked at an OBS downpipe?!?!?!

I know they're mushed. I'm not laughing at anyone or anything. All I'm saying is that I found it hilarious. When we work on the racecars, some things on the truck, and Anything in general where the pushing or pulling harder method will not work, this is what ends up happening.

Strokersace

Reaction score
I know they're mushed. I'm not laughing at anyone or anything. All I'm saying is that I found it hilarious. When we work on the racecars, some things on the truck, and Anything in general where the pushing or pulling harder method will not work, this is what ends up happening.

This is what HAS to happen for an OBS downpipe. It's not a last resort. You act like its the funniest thing you've ever heard. But its reality for an OBS owner.

dsberman94

Reaction score
This is what HAS to happen for an OBS downpipe. It's not a last resort. You act like its the funniest thing you've ever heard. But its reality for an OBS owner.

No I know it has to happen. It's just funny to me, and the way he used the hammer guy and put modified in quotes. Exact way we do and say it. I know it has to be done and he's serious about it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.