which 6.4l tuner?

mint-6oh

Reaction score
I had a really good deal on a 08 completely stock 6.4l fall into my lap and I'm trying to decide if its worth selling my 6.0l (thats done) to start over. Im trying to get a parts/price list I would need for the 08 to help decide. Anyway, finally to my question. How much differnece is there between spartan, h&s, and a sct livewire with custom tunes. I'm looking for good smooth power (no light switch), no/low smoke, and good shifting. It would be my DD. Upgrades would be possibly deletes, tuner, exhaust, cai, and maybe upgraded cold side cac tube. looking for around 500rwhp as reliable and driveable as possible. Also is h&s the only one that can adjust for tpms? I know I would have to find an older device to keep the deletes an option. If I'm missing some "necessary" upgrades please let me know. Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance. I tried searching but couldnt find anywhere comparing the 3, just info on each individual device.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
personally i would try and find an offroad version of the SCT livewire, and throw some tuning from innovative on it. His newer tunes are almost smoke free, very good power band, freakin fast, and eric's an asesome guy to work with.

my second choice would be to find an old offroad H&S mini maxx, or a new mini maxx, and get some MCC tuning from gearhead or tunes from someone here on the site.

everything you listed is what you should need... do some searching, there is a lot of threads on this topic.

Franchi

Reaction score
I always liked the SCT custom tuning but don't have any experience with the other brands of tuners so can't speak to that.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.