Which bellowed up pipes to get?

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
I'm going with the soak them down for days method since im waiting on a new turbo anyways. I went with the set of pipes that Dynoproven has for $300. cant say i have them on yet but they look great

Zaairman

Reaction score
Next question... the dorman kit comes with 2 stainless (I think) gaskets. Do these go between the manifold and up pipe or up pipe and collector? Or am I missing 2 gaskets?

Jomax

Reaction score
They go between up pipe and collector.

No gasket between up pipe and manifold.
Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Zaairman

Reaction score
Next question... For those of you who have done up pipes with the motor in the truck, how the hell did you tighten the passenger side rear bolt on the collector? I put my motor in without the pipes on for clearance, but can't get a good angle at that bolt.

Zaairman

Reaction score
I used KROIL and it works! http://www.kanolabs.com

Not sure what Kroil has to do with tightening bolts... but ok?

I discovered part of my bolt tightening problem was the wrench I was using (was slipping, bad ratchet). I ended up using a 1/4 ratchet, u joint, and 10 mm deep well to tighten the bolt. Now I'm having issues getting the up pipes to line up properly with the turbo. Turbo is bolted in place, but I had to torque the sh!t out of the 2 bolts to get it to keep from rocking for whatever reason. Down pipe lines up perfectly. Up pipes are a bit low. Thinking I'm going to unbolt them from the manifolds, hook it up to to the turbo, then rebolt at manifolds. Sound like a good plan?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
you're supposed to bolt to the manifolds with just a few threads on the bolt so that they are loose.. tighten collector to the turbo. tq turbo down then tighten manifold bolts...

live life full throttle

Jomax

Reaction score
Next question... For those of you who have done up pipes with the motor in the truck, how the hell did you tighten the passenger side rear bolt on the collector? I put my motor in without the pipes on for clearance, but can't get a good angle at that bolt.

Not sure what Kroil has to do with tightening bolts... but ok?

Read top post, he clearly wrote that response to that.....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online