Which CAI?

VanoFord

Reaction score
I'm leaning towards an AFE Stage 2 Si Air Intake System with 18" Scoop w/ ProGuard 7 Filter.

Anyone have reviews on this? Do you have others that you believe would out perform this kit? Links work best so I dont have to constantly google, and ask "is this the one you meant?". Thanks guys!

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Depends what you are going to do and expect from the truck.
I just have a AFE Drop in Pro-Guard 7 and it works fine.
I pull approx. 18000# on the Innovative Street Tune and does not move the filter minder.
I used to pull the filter minder in about 50% with the stock filter and Innovative tow tune.

VanoFord

Reaction score
Depends what you are going to do and expect from the truck.
I just have a AFE Drop in Pro-Guard 7 and it works fine.
I pull approx. 18000# on the Innovative Street Tune and does not move the filter minder.
I used to pull the filter minder in about 50% with the stock filter and Innovative tow tune.

truth be told, I wont be going to any major builds. I'd like to get my truck to 550-700HP range, and I'm not wanting to go more than that. I wont ever be towing more than my 72 C-10, and the occasional couple Cubic Yards of river stone or mulch.
11F-821F32902895-3255-00000267A6A3068E_zps3c4d552f.jpg

1A8-B6945B329D7E-3255-00000267D479740E_zps5e2b7ca4.jpg

I'm mainly wanting it to improve MPG. I'm also due for a new filter, and cant justify paying $50 for a throw-away when I can just invest in a CAI kit now and just re-use from this point on. Not a fan of throwing money away...

The main reason I went w/ this one, was because it had a scoop. I found I can get this for $385 new, and shipped. Seemed like a good deal to me...

blk350on20s

Reaction score
S&B. Best bang for the buck. Never had an issue with it until i put the 71mm in. My s&b will be up for sale soon

Sneeky08

Reaction score
My wife and I have had no issues with our s&b cai intakes on our 6.4s. Like a lotta people say. Best bang for your buck!

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I would just get the drop in then. I am sure it will be fine. Might have to modify the stock box some when you start going over 550, but even then I doubt you are going to pull more air than I tow with pushing 50-52# of boost for a long pull over a grade.
S&B are good though, my brother in law has one on his truck. Other than removing the filter he likes it. I am a cheap bastard though and drop ins have always done great for me.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
I pull the filter minder with the bigger turbo. Stock it was great though. If youre spending 400 on an afe skip it and do what steve said. No limit. Its clean and you will never have an issue with the filter minder if you decide to upgrade

VanoFord

Reaction score
i have looked repeatedly for this No Limit CAI and i cant find specs or listing or anything for sale. can you guys provide a link so I can check this out? i'm a tech kinda guy and i love to read before I buy.

Diesel23

Reaction score
Another for NO LIMIT , had ran the afe w/scoop , ran the afe stage 2 no scoop , liked that more ,seemed to get more flow , But upGraded to no limit , just recieved mine yesterday !!! Awesome looking kit well worth the wait ,good luck with your decision

VanoFord

Reaction score
Can I get a LINK to where I can find/read about the No Limits?

I have googled and just get YouTube vids but cant find the actual intake for sale.

Is there a Vendor I should be talking to?

VanoFord

Reaction score
I forgot to even ask the question...

Should I be putting a CAI on w/out having a tune/tuner on the truck? I should be getting one in a few months once the OT starts to roll up. Didnt even think about this being an issue or not... :fustrate:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.