Which exhaust is best??

06Stroker

Reaction score
Ok so im sure this question has bin asked before but im looking into exhausts systems i would like to do a 4" turbo back and get rid of the kitty cat iv looked for along time at this stuff but i still dont know witch setup is best of me i dont want it too loud so i was thinking of runing a muffler i have kinda of idea of what i want to do but unsure mbrp turbo back without a muffler and put a magnaflow muffler on and a tip on what do you guy think??

04stroker

Reaction score
Not a big diffrence between all of them. I use Flo Pro alot not for any paticular reason just because I started by using them and theyve always worked/fit good. The only really bad fitting exhaust I've ever done was a diamond eye.

NCPowerStroke

Reaction score
Ok so im sure this question has bin asked before but im looking into exhausts systems i would like to do a 4" turbo back and get rid of the kitty cat iv looked for along time at this stuff but i still dont know witch setup is best of me i dont want it too loud so i was thinking of runing a muffler i have kinda of idea of what i want to do but unsure mbrp turbo back without a muffler and put a magnaflow muffler on and a tip on what do you guy think??

ive got an mbrp 4" turbo back straight pipe. you wont need a muffler, its not gonna be super loud. it sounds great

Reaction score
From what I've heard just locally with different 6.0s. The only trucks that are obnoxious loud are ones with 03 turbos. I have an 07 with 4" straight and it's about as loud as my brothers cat back straight piped 4.6l

JGman141

Reaction score
I don't have a kitty or a muffler and it's not loud at all. The turbo really cuts down the sound level.

rtm038

Reaction score
I just did a 4" Flo Pro turbo back that deletes the cat and I'm really happy with it. No louder than stock but it does sound like a hair dryer at the tailpipe at idle. Nothing obnoxious or anything. My buddy did the install and said the only issue his mechanic had was getting the down pipe in place. After that it all went together pretty easy.

Ryan

6.0Dually

Reaction score
Ive got the mbrp 4 in turbo back exhaust and it sounds great. Pretty cheap too.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Mar00n6liter

Reaction score
I have an 03 6.0 got a 4 inch mbrp straight from turbo back and my brother has an 06 with flo pro 5 inch.. I have to say i like how the 05+ turbos sounds.. His is alot deeper sounding than mine.. But you cant go wrong with flo pro, mbrl, diamond eye or any!

Sent from my Galaxy S3 while watching Duck Dynasty!

Mar00n6liter

Reaction score
My brother is gonna be getting a bigger turbo anyways so ima put his on mine and get a wicked wheel for it

Mar00n6liter

Reaction score
I just re read it and saw u wanted a muffler, lol i was going to want a system with a muffler from the beginning cuz of my baby (now 10 and a half month old) but i didnt know how good itd sound with a muffler so i went straight.. She loves the early 6.0 turbo whistle and goes right to sleep most of the time lol!

BlueOvalDiesel

Reaction score
I was wondering if the 4" exhaust would mellow the whistle out some? I have an 04 but i had the turbo off and it has a 10 blade exhaust wheel. Would that make it a early 04? I have stock exhaust with the resonator cat and muffler cut out and peices welded back in. I cut the resonator out seperate and really regret it. The whistle is a bit much for me. Who would of thought a little resonator did so much. Scrapped the resonator already. The whistle wasn't as bad till i put new up pipes in cause i had a leak and now the turbo is working properly. Just wondering if a 4" would mellow it out some.

Mar00n6liter

Reaction score
No i dont think so lol mine is 4 inch turbo back and its only louder.. Im sure, however i don't know myself, that mbrp or flo pro makes a full system that has a muffler that dampens the overall sound and that'd probably be better for you. Or you could get a late 04-07 turbo like im gonna put on my 03 and its a lot less whistle lol

BlueOvalDiesel

Reaction score
Yea im thinking eventually do a MTW stage 1 or hybrid with the 13 blade wheel. It moved a little higher on my want list now lol

Latest posts

Members online