Which Rigid LED's to buy?

fine69

Reaction score
I have no idea which lights to buy to replace the factory driving lights in my bumper. I see Rigid Dually and D2, but I don't know which would be best. Which of these would be best so other drivers don't flash their high beams at me also? I also plan to install a 20" Rigid bar in my bumper. Any suggestions for this one too?

CUZICAN

Reaction score
If you want to be able to run them all the time, you'll need rigid's new DOT approved lights. Had I known, I would have waited and bought these, instead of the hyperspots.

http://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/50481

I bought the hyperspots thinking that the beam would be tight enough that I would be ok, but oncoming traffic disagrees and I get flashed immediately if I turn them on.

B.Warning

Reaction score
Same here, I have the dually and the d2's. I had them wired seperatly on my old 6.4 and they were both too bright for driving in traffic.

Go with the dot versions.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
The DOT versions are awesome. Very nice beam pattern with a sharp cutoff so you aren't blinding everyone... We have the entire kit with the DOT lights on our site www.dirtydiesels.com

The kit comes with the bolt on brackets and plug and play harness to plug the rigids into your oem fog light wiring. Can't beat it for under $350. Let me know if you have any questions.

fine69

Reaction score
The DOT versions are awesome. Very nice beam pattern with a sharp cutoff so you aren't blinding everyone... We have the entire kit with the DOT lights on our site www.dirtydiesels.com

The kit comes with the bolt on brackets and plug and play harness to plug the rigids into your oem fog light wiring. Can't beat it for under $350. Let me know if you have any questions.

Can you send me a price shipped to 16046?

BIGDZL

Reaction score
I have no idea which lights to buy to replace the factory driving lights in my bumper. I see Rigid Dually and D2, but I don't know which would be best. Which of these would be best so other drivers don't flash their high beams at me also? I also plan to install a 20" Rigid bar in my bumper. Any suggestions for this one too?

Installing Dually Spots to compliment 20" bumper bar and Dually Floods to add to reverse light (can be mounted hidden in factory hitch holes). Was looking at Dually DOT compliant as fog light replacements, but very rarely use fog lights where we live.

Really wanted to get the D2 driving lights with amber LED's to replace fog lights...spoke to Rigid and they said they are the absolute best for driving in fog, snow, rain and poor conditions generally. They are twice as bright as regular Dually. If we lived in a place where we'd use them more, that's the way I'd go...

Reaction score
Installing Dually Spots to compliment 20" bumper bar and Dually Floods to add to reverse light (can be mounted hidden in factory hitch holes). Was looking at Dually DOT compliant as fog light replacements, but very rarely use fog lights where we live.

Really wanted to get the D2 driving lights with amber LED's to replace fog lights...spoke to Rigid and they said they are the absolute best for driving in fog, snow, rain and poor conditions generally. They are twice as bright as regular Dually. If we lived in a place where we'd use them more, that's the way I'd go...

I really love the Driving pattern light for fog lights, I've sold and installed dozens and dozens of these. They can be a little too much though for use on streets with oncoming traffic. In that case I suggest using the DOT pattern.

Let me know if I can help you get a great deal on any of the lights you need.

DSL_PWR

Reaction score
Anyone have pictures [good] that show these lights in the fog housing on the bumper and the pattern they produce from inside the truck? I've seen the pics on rigid's site but wanted to see if anyone else had pics.

thanks.

mattmal9

Reaction score
I purchased the D2 Fog light kit from The Diesel Cartel(InMotionJosh) and the kit worked flawlessly. Simple to install and crazy amount of light from those little lights. This is the best picture I have of them installed, hope it helps.

truck9.jpg

mattmal9

Reaction score
Not much at all, I aimed them down during install because I knew they were going to be bright, but even with them aimed down oncoming traffic still once in a while flash. If I was going to do them again I would look into the DOT set this time personally. It kinda sucks having these awesome lights and not being able to drive with them on because of how much it pisses other people off.

Jomax

Reaction score
They're bright. Not as bright as D2s. But these are dot approved. I just made a trip with them with Zero flashes from oncoming traffic.

I love them. If I'd do it again. I might have gotten the bigger dot lights, mount them in the center of the bumper for driving and then mount Q2s in the fog lights holes for back road driving.

20150412_195509.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online