Which UpPipe should I go with?

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Quick question, can't you just weld a plug in the EGR hole on a stock passenger up pipe and reattach the EGR cooler? Thats what I've been thinking about doing just because I've heard rumblings of visual inspections coming to GA. That way the exhaust gas isn't entering the cooler and it stills looks intact. Then with the tuner turning the valve off all should be good, right?

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
HAHA, you insinuate that I could make a mistake welding, silly boy. Just kidding, I could f*ck up and anvil with a rotten banana, but thats another thread. I just want the exhaust gas outta the cooler while retaining the "operational" look in case these visual inspections become a diesel requirement.

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
Welds fail, freeze plugs can definitely fail. Iwant it all gone. If they decide to do a visual years down the road, I'll deal with it then.

Mdub707

Reaction score
If you do the plugs in the egr cooler, make sure the freeze plug that goes in the end of the cooler that attaches to the up-pipe is set in 1/8"-1/4" and fill the whole thing with weld, OR, use a thicker stainless plate instead of a freeze plug. This is the least expensive way to block it all off and still pass a visual.

I went the full delete route myself, just wanted all that crap off of there. I noticed with the solid up-pipe in there and the cooler gone that my EGT's drop a lot faster after I park. I usually wait til 350-375 EGT to shut the truck off. Cools way faster now.

Latest posts

Members online