White/gray/ blue smoke after hot

Tims02ford

Reaction score
If I get this truck hot and let it sit running for a min or two give it fuel to leave or take off and I get a big puff of smoke white/ gray wit a blue tent. On ae nothing comes back at all please help

ghohouston

Reaction score
Turbo seal? Exhaust wet at all? Seperate downpipe from turbo and see of the exhaust hoising has ANY wetness collected in the bottom of it

always-strokin

Reaction score
Video worked. How long has it been sitting for? This could be hard to narrow down... turbo seals, valve stem seals, rings....

How many mile?

You got beans stage II's on stock turbo? What kinda boost you seeing? Is your gauge acting funny?

I'd take off the intake and grab the turbo and feel around for shaft play and check for oil in the intake/exhaust to see if the turbos blowing oil.

Just noticed a 38r. How many miles on the 38r? Did you buy new?

Tims02ford

Reaction score
It's been sitting at ideal for 2-3 mins it has 159k the 38r has maybe 60k and I can hit 30 psi but it kind will Bounce little bit will pull the pipe off here in a day or two when I put a new ext on and the 38r was new

always-strokin

Reaction score
I'm saying how long as the truck been sitting w/out being driven? Sometimes oil collects in that case.

Tims02ford

Reaction score
O at most 1-2 days but this only happens when hot and first start up but cold getting on a hight way it will leave a trail of smoke and not being on it hard

always-strokin

Reaction score
Well these trucks pretty much always do that on the first cold start of the day. I bet valve seals are leaking tho or the turbo.

ToMang07

Reaction score
The only time mine ever smokes white is when it is REALLY cold, like 0*-ish, and that's only on start up.

*IF* I punch it at idle it will puff out black smoke (turbo lag) but even then only with the chip on and when it's cold.

to me that looks like a slight blue. My guess would be turbo. I'd definitely pull the intake and exhaust off the turbo, inspect the wheel/shaft and check the down pipe for oil.

DHFF

Reaction score
Any word here? Mines doing it too especially on decel. I bet its turbo seals as the exhaust is full of oil.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.