White smoke at cold start... help!!

brock1129

Reaction score
As some of you may know. ive been having troubles with my truck. This is a new issue that has started since i re-de-let-d the truck. So after the truck sits over night and start it in the morning im getting a white puff of smoke at start up.. no other time. after the truck is warm there is no white smoke either. i dont have a great sense of smell but from what i do pick up it. it smells like diesel fuel.. no heavy antifreeze smell.

Right now the truck is running Pip V7 lvl 2 tune with NL intake.. I talked with Mike and i have a low pressure h&s pump coming tomorrow so hoping that helps my fuel problems.

This morning was the heaviest smoke ive got since i ******d it last week. here is the youtube video

https://youtu.be/b3Jqr6hIeD8

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
If you're not losing coolant and it smells like raw fuel....probably just some cold cylinders on start up.

Notneb

Reaction score
Welcome to Diesel engines on cold mornings, Google some vids of construction equipment starting up, it'll make you feel better about that puff.

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
Welcome to Diesel engines on cold mornings, Google some vids of construction equipment starting up, it'll make you feel better about that puff.

^ definitely what he said. I always worry sometimes after I crank a piece up and it got down into the teens the night before. Lots of white smoke and a really choppy idle until the engine warms up after a few minutes

Jbird

Reaction score
That thing sounds like a cam'd ls before the vgt cuts in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts