white smoke at start up..

Kirk250

Reaction score
Hi everyone just was wondering if I could get some input on my truck... at start up I have white smoke and I'm loosing engine coolant but I'm not puking it out of the degas bottle..
I just installed head studs about 4 months.. I'm thinking it's a head gasket I messed up when I did head gaskets but I wanted to get your opinion... thanks in advance.

Kirk250

Reaction score
egr coolers have been removed and I drove it nice for the first couple hundred miles and then I ran it hard, then that's when this issue started.. thanks for getting back to me

Delaware6.4

Reaction score
When you turn the truck off there might be pressure in the system pushing coolant into 1 or more cylinders due to gasket failure. When u start the truck, you see what has entered the cylinder(s) being burned off. I'm no expert but I have read your kind of story more than once and that's the answer that sounded pretty legit to me

Delaware6.4

Reaction score
Dude that did my studs said go 1000 miles minimum before I start beatin it. (That's what she said haha)

Kirk250

Reaction score
Thanks I figured it was a head gasket... just wanted to get more opinions on this... I'll be pulling the cab again it looks like... I'll probably add a couple more things while I'm in there...

Latest posts

Members online