white smoke in the morning

NickPic83

Reaction score
I recently picked up my 1st diesel. its a 2013 all stock engine wise besides a AFE momentum GT intake that was on it when i bought it. I am not ******d YET. its got 36,xxx miles on it now.

i noticed that when i leave for work in the morning when i get to the end of my road and pull onto another road ill get some whiteish smoke for 1/8 mile or so out the exhaust. its not like roaling coal amount but its a noticable amount and more than what a car would put out on a cold morning while warming up. i am new to diesels so i am not sure if this is normal or something to be concerned about. i tried to get a video but its too dark out when i go to work. if it matters its been happening 1st thing in the morning only and in damp 30-60 degree mornings. so should i be concerned or is it just a diesel thing or a *** thing.....

TIA

NickPic83

Reaction score
It's the DEF fluid burning. Completely normal.....

Awesome. Thank you. I kinda thought it was something like that but like I said I'm new to this and didn't want it to be something bad and keep driving it this way. In the spring I plan to ****** and tun so it won't be doing it for long. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Awesome. Thank you. I kinda thought it was something like that but like I said I'm new to this and didn't want it to be something bad and keep driving it this way. In the spring I plan to ****** and tun so it won't be doing it for long. Thanks again!

Right on, you'll be really happy when you del-ete your truck!

NickPic83

Reaction score
Can't wait. Just want run it for a while and make sure nothing goes wrong while I still have some warranty. Already had a hose and coolant pump replaced the first week I had it under warranty.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
giphy.gif

NickPic83

Reaction score
haha i love it. i get to ride around in my buddy's dltd 6.4 with s p a r t a n tunes. so i get a touch of the dark side every so often

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
I want to ****** so bad but after my recent warranty work I'm hesitant to do so. Nick let me know when you're ready and I'll hook you up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NickPic83

Reaction score
I want to ****** so bad but after my recent warranty work I'm hesitant to do so. Nick let me know when you're ready and I'll hook you up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Absolutely Tom. I'll have a few items I'll be looking to get all at once, mostly just the usual ****** stuff and a tuner for now.....

Latest posts

Members online