white smoke when taking off?

Brad

Reaction score
now sorry if there are threads on this already, i just couldn't get myself to spend 30 minutes looking through old threads to maybe find it.

But anyways, lately I've noticed when I'm in town and i take off from a stop light a big poof of white smoke comes out of my exhaust. it only does it when you come to a stop, it never does it while driving down the road. now my question is what could be the cause? blown head gaskets? i have an egr delete and i just checked the oil and it wasn't milky white or anything. I've put it away in the shed for now because im afraid if i keep driving it, it may hydro-lock the engine so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Brad

Reaction score
If the coolant level hasnt dropped, the turbo is probably burning oil on the exhaust side.
what causes the turbo to burn oil on the exhaust side though?
and the coolant level is low...but when i open the cap on the degas bottle it releases pressure and goes back up to the correct level so idk :/

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
what causes the turbo to burn oil on the exhaust side though?
and the coolant level is low...but when i open the cap on the degas bottle it releases pressure and goes back up to the correct level so idk :/
Seals in the turbo leaking by...

Decker

Reaction score
turbo seal starts to go you will burn oil. I would also check your ficm see what your volts are.

Brad

Reaction score
well its the stock turbo with 160k miles on it so it could probably be going out. And would the ficm make it smoke like that? i had it checked like 8 months ago and it was right around 47-48 volts

Latest posts

Members online