White smoke

dcswetman

Reaction score
Loaded AS/GH RACE tune on my 2015 and went out to do a relearn and when I let out the thottle above 50% throttle white pours out the tail pipe. I've been running PIP tunes until now with no problems. Before switching tunes I retuned the truck to stock. Any ideas?

Notneb

Reaction score
How warm was the vehicle? I don't do relearns until the oil and coolant temps are 180+, but even still when you get on it it'll put out some smoke, usually grey-ish.

higherlife

Reaction score
fuel filters may need to be changed. When was the last time you did this?
I would reload the tune first and see if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcswetman

Reaction score
Went back to stock loaded the PIP extreme tune up and got the same result with it now. I've been running the PIP tow tune for the last 40k. Thought it my be just the high hp tunes so backed it back to the PIP tow tunes and trucks still doing it. I've been talking back and forth with Mike about the problem and I'm going to try to get someone to be able to smell the smoke to try and figure out if its oil or coolant to relay that info back to him. Still normal temps and no dtc's.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Went back to stock loaded the PIP extreme tune up and got the same result with it now. I've been running the PIP tow tune for the last 40k. Thought it my be just the high hp tunes so backed it back to the PIP tow tunes and trucks still doing it. I've been talking back and forth with Mike about the problem and I'm going to try to get someone to be able to smell the smoke to try and figure out if its oil or coolant to relay that info back to him. Still normal temps and no dtc's.

my guess is something about calling for more fuel upset something. like possibly a small issue that wasnt noticeable in a small tune , became exposed in a bigger tune . may be an injector issue, as the white smoke could be fuel as well. definitely curious as its 99% chance its something mechanical . have you checked for codes even though you dont have a dtc ?

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
When you "returned to stock", is this stock tuning only or did you actually put all the parts back on? Is it possible that something is plugged/unplugged incorrectly? Did you make any airflow changes? Is the airflow sensor installed the correct direction? Just guessing

Latest posts

Members online