Who DD's twins or big singles??

motoxracer42

Reaction score
i cant remember what kind of mileage i got with 205s. i wanna say it wasnt too good . somewhere around 12mpg with the vgt-ho and probably a little better with the twins. like everyone said, most of us dont care what kind of mileage we get. my truck was my sunday driver when it had twins on it and it stayed inside my shop all winter. this crappy weather we have had is the first rain my trucks seen in 2 years haha.

strokin6L

Reaction score
i cant remember what kind of mileage i got with 205s. i wanna say it wasnt too good . somewhere around 12mpg with the vgt-ho and probably a little better with the twins. like everyone said, most of us dont care what kind of mileage we get. my truck was my sunday driver when it had twins on it and it stayed inside my shop all winter. this crappy weather we have had is the first rain my trucks seen in 2 years haha.

Haha...i hear that Matt. It's been raining here in western NY like every other day. So therefore, my truck stays in the garage...i think it's afraid it's gonna melt if it gets wet...haha.

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score

I agree, only I had an old version of the VGT-SS and 205's and got somewhere like 11-13. And the lag sucked, how was it with the HO?

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
So on my 6.0, lifted mind you, i get about 14.1. This truck is a regular cab with a fabtech 10" with 38x15.50's on 20's with 4.56 gears. 190cc RCD Injectors, Colt Cam/ Ported heads/ and a RCD 64/71/.70ar billet wheeled charger. Lights slightly slower than stock, pulls like a son of a bitch throughout the band, extremely streetable. Very fun truck. I understand most guys arent running something like this, but i thought i'd be generous and actually get the OP what he asked for.
Jared Rice

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

I agree, only I had an old version of the VGT-SS and 205's and got somewhere like 11-13. And the lag sucked, how was it with the HO?

So on my 6.0, lifted mind you, i get about 14.1. This truck is a regular cab with a fabtech 10" with 38x15.50's on 20's with 4.56 gears. 190cc RCD Injectors, Colt Cam/ Ported heads/ and a RCD 64/71/.70ar billet wheeled charger. Lights slightly slower than stock, pulls like a son of a bitch throughout the band, extremely streetable. Very fun truck. I understand most guys arent running something like this, but i thought i'd be generous and actually get the OP what he asked for.
Jared Rice

Thanks to all of you.

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
Jared Rice

Did the 4:56 gears make a big dif with the 38 15.50 tires?

strokin6L

Reaction score
Jared Rice
Jared, where did you get your billet compressor wheel for the turbo? I've been thinking about doing something like this to mine along with a couple other things. I've heard the billet wheel helps it spool a bit better. At what RPM does your turbo start making boost? Mine starts at around 1700.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Chris, judging by all you know of me. Where the hell did you think i got my wheel buddy? Lol, Josh.. OF COURSE! We just had one built, screams like hell.. its acutally the loudest charger I've had.. and its fun. The 4.56 gears make this truck peppy as hell.. but i cruise 76mph at 2000 rpm. Talk about perfect. Cant WAIT till I go to 36x15.50 Claws.. Then I will really have some fun with this set up

strokin6L

Reaction score
Chris, judging by all you know of me. Where the hell did you think i got my wheel buddy? Lol, Josh.. OF COURSE! We just had one built, screams like hell.. its acutally the loudest charger I've had.. and its fun. The 4.56 gears make this truck peppy as hell.. but i cruise 76mph at 2000 rpm. Talk about perfect. Cant WAIT till I go to 36x15.50 Claws.. Then I will really have some fun with this set up

haha....i knew it was from Josh, guess i should've been more clear. Didn't know if Josh got it from Borg Warner or somewhere else....haha i guess it was kinda a stupid question. Maybe i should give RCD a call about gettin one for my turbo.

motoxracer42

Reaction score

the ho was ok on flat ground but if it was horrible whenever i hit a hill or hooked up to a trailer. that was awhile ago though. im sure tuning has changed enough to make a difference.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Currently towing 20 000lbs. With a 62 and s480 with 225's. Egts are steady around 950. Uphills or passing hitting 1300. Average speed of 75mph. All day been getting 10-12mpg

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
damn. So im gathering weather you care about your milage or not...the twin trucks,treated like trucks and not racecars can get almost the same as a tuned DD. Just dont put yor foot in it or youll waste a tank of diesel

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
get back son you dont count yet :D
What did you get with the silver truck when it had 225s and the 64