Who else is using the RCD Dual Fuelers?

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I don't really know. It never did it before the dual fuelers so.....

Unless someone has other suggestions on what I can throw money at with no results or improvement. :doh:

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I don't really know. It never did it before the dual fuelers so.....

Unless someone has other suggestions on what I can throw money at with no results or improvement. :doh:

Is there anyway you can cap off the cp3 and unhook it to just run off the k16? It just seems like the issue could be isolated to the cp3. Say if you could just put the regular fuel lines on it, remove the belt off of the cp3, and then start the truck and have it run only on the k16.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I suppose I could do that but I'd want to cap it at the fuel rail fitting and I don't think there is a cap available that could withstand that pressure without leaking. And I feel like the k16 backfeeding into the cp3 high pressure feed line would cause surging issues. I know it's getting fuel since the K16 is getting fuel. They're both fed off the same distribution block.

The CP3 is brand new so it should be working. The pulley is spinning. LOL I'm almost certain the CP3 is an expensive idler puller at the moment. Everybody says unplugging it should make it go full fuel. It doesn't do a thing. And I can't get any info on what I should be seeing for ohms or voltage from the EGR signal.

LFDPvinny

Reaction score
We are running the RCD dual fuelers on our 2.6 pulling truck. Eric's tunes but the one thing I can't compare to your setup is the fact that our truck is a ZF6 so we don't have to deal with converter lockup.

It only surges when Sport drives it on the street and crams on the brakes after a stop sign shows up on a WOT run...:pullover:

Eric has been great to deal with throughout the build.

Maybe I can get Luke to chime in since he was more hands on with everything than me.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
We are running the RCD dual fuelers on our 2.6 pulling truck. Eric's tunes but the one thing I can't compare to your setup is the fact that our truck is a ZF6 so we don't have to deal with converter lockup.

It only surges when Sport drives it on the street and crams on the brakes after a stop sign shows up on a WOT run...:pullover:

Eric has been great to deal with throughout the build.

Maybe I can get Luke to chime in since he was more hands on with everything than me.

I'm open to anything at the moment. Not only is it surging badly but it doesn't maintain rail pressure either.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I'm open to anything at the moment. Not only is it surging badly but it doesn't maintain rail pressure either.

Can you check the distribution block or T into the line from the block to the CP3 to see what kind of pressure it is getting? Or at least check just after the LP pump to make sure it isn't running out out pressure/fuel when start opening it up? I am sure you have already checked, but there isn't any fuel in the oil is there?
Again, I ain't nearly as knowledgeable as most people on this forum, but this cant be the EGR harness being bad because if the CP3 wasn't getting any amps, it would be full fuel.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Can you check the distribution block or T into the line from the block to the CP3 to see what kind of pressure it is getting? Or at least check just after the LP pump to make sure it isn't running out out pressure/fuel when start opening it up? I am sure you have already checked, but there isn't any fuel in the oil is there?
Again, I ain't nearly as knowledgeable as most people on this forum, but this cant be the EGR harness being bad because if the CP3 wasn't getting any amps, it would be full fuel.
I have been setting fuel pressure by reading off the block the whole time. Checked fuel pressure at the pump as well to confirm. And I can get the surge to go away if I apply more throttle and constantly accelerate or decelerate. It just doesn't want to maintain a constant rail pressure while cruising. No fuel in the oil either.

Like I said I'm open to anything so it don't bother me if you mention anything I've already done. Lol

B585Ford

Reaction score
I have been setting fuel pressure by reading off the block the whole time. Checked fuel pressure at the pump as well to confirm. And I can get the surge to go away if I apply more throttle and constantly accelerate or decelerate. It just doesn't want to maintain a constant rail pressure while cruising. No fuel in the oil either.

Like I said I'm open to anything so it don't bother me if you mention anything I've already done. Lol

That's why I sent that. I cant imagine you I would think of something you hadn't already checked, but right about now you gotta be frustrated so I figured I try.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
The thing is this. If you run the cp3 unplugged it will tilt out on fuel. The k16 will regulate it back. Matt at Spartan has had this same kit ran on his daily driver truck untuned for almost 3 years on his crew cab

I don't get it. We haven't had this issue with any other of the 30+ vehicles running this kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Take it off and see if the issue persists. Retrace your steps through the kit while it's off. If the problem goes away, send it back to Jared and ask him to put it on one of his trucks to verify fitment, performance, etc., if he has the same issues then he will most likely send you a replacement to fix you up. If he doesn't have the issues you are and the kit works 100% as listed, then you know it's your truck and you'll need to figure out what gremlin is causing you grief but atleast you would have it narrowed down tremendously at that point

Latest posts

Members online