Who has a MTW Hybrid and likes it?

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
I tried and tried to work with Adrian about my hybrid but had nothing but problems and the customer service was complete crap. Took 3 months to get one warrantied.

Oh and did I mention the hybrid destroyed my motor? Yea well it did. While I was in college and never heard from Adrian again. So that was a blow being in school having to rebuild a motor.

Not balancing turbos is absolutely ignorant. That's like us not flowing injectors before we ship them to a customer. Not happening.

I called James up and he had me a stock replacement in 2 days, been awesome. And have put on about every stage of turbo he offers and been nothing but impressed and absolutely 0 problems.

Adrian might be a great guy but my experience was less than great.

Just my .02 and my experience. I tried to work with Adrian but he was terrible with communication. I always give someone a chance to redeem themselves and he failed.

Barder is who I trust, and who's turbos we sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NRHX2009

Reaction score

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
If I have an un happy customer, why would he not contact me to try and resolve it? I have had some customers not happy with a few stage 1.5 turbos, called me up, swapped to the big 13 blade, put a smile on their face.

As for who, his name is Jeremy Self.
Friend is Drinnon Womble.

https://m.facebook.com/drinnon.womble?id=1368427822&refsrc=https://www.facebook.com/drinnon.womble

And this is what makes me mad about some people. If you have a problem with someone's product, GO TO THEM. Not whining behind there back about it. Give someone a chance to make it right.

Sorry I'm on a rant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Diesel

Reaction score
I PM'ed you my number. If you can, I know it's Easter, give me a ring.

As for why he hasn't already contacted you, no clue. Maybe he has contacted you - and you're already in the works of resolving it with him. I don't know. I just know that he's contacted me about the same issues I'm having with my turbo.

Like I said, I've got no issue with you. Except for the whole MTW Band Wagon comment... that's bull****. If you don't trust me, you can ask Matt Wilbur about my non-VGT/compound plans that I had at one point. I know you and him talk, or used to, a fairly good bit.

NRHX2009

Reaction score
As for my comment, I hate seeing people rant about mtw after all the bull**** he pulled on the org. Ranting on about how great his stuff is under a fake account? That's pretty low if you need to make a fake account and start bragging up your product

Super Diesel

Reaction score
What mods does this unhappy stage 3 customer have? Did he purchase direct? Turbo the proper size for mods and hp goals?

As for my comment, I hate seeing people rant about mtw after all the bull**** he pulled on the org. Ranting on about how great his stuff is under a fake account? That's pretty low if you need to make a fake account and start bragging up your product

Sent you a PM. I'm out of this thread - it's turning into something that it doesn't need to be.

ajbond

Reaction score
I treat everything said from mtw as lies. He has lost ALL CREDIBILITY.. as well as the few that continue to promote him.. let alone someone using others dirt to slam someone else!!! That is just wrong.. I speak from my experience. .. mtw was poor service and crap products.. it took me 11 months to get out of that mess.. I understand problems and malfunctions but when that happens you should be priority not placed on the back burner. . I feel bad for the other hypebrid owners.. Some don't even realize the lack of performance because it replaced a bad turbo...and now the are on a waiting list with no eta... CRAZY!!

1fastTRX

Reaction score
How many turbos does KC and Barder have out? MTW has several hundred turbos out there.

You are basing this solely on 6.0 turbos I presume. Keep in mind James may be newer to the 6.0 market, but he is a turbo builder in general and has been doing it for some time. He's got options for multiple powerstroke platforms. even Cummi... cummi... i cant even say it. Lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

snafu

Reaction score
How many turbos does KC and Barder have out? MTW has several hundred turbos out there. I'm really not trying to turn this into a MTW vs. whoever thread. I'm just trying to straighten out the perception of these companies. What MTW horror stories have you read about? I know of a few guys who had issues with their MTW turbos, but they spread the news like wildfire - in EVERY MTW thread that ever came up. It's stopped now, but for a while - these select few made this their personal mission to discredit MTW as much as possible... even when they were given a refund and/or equal compensation for their trouble (to my knowledge). This is not correct.

I've ran 3 MTW turbos on 2 different trucks. No horror stories here. Even with my prototype MadMax with an 11 blade turbine wheel I'm running now. Boost builds slow when daily driving (I don't build much more than 5psi until about 1800 RPMs) - however I have a ZF6. I know for a FACT that someone with a Barder Stage 3 and a ZF6 experiences the same boost building issues that I do. So, it ain't necessarily the turbo.

At this point I would recommend someone taking their truck to Confederate Diesel before recommending a MTW turbo.

powerstrokecrzy

Reaction score
I have yet to read anything except one "bad" story about KC and Barder. And the one bad was a DIY turbo rebuild mistake, admitted by the guy who bought the test kit. Now given there is not a ton of feed back on them, the info should be coming soon.

This was me, I'm usually on the org but lurk here occasionally. had some problems with the second turbo that I'm not sure what happened and neither is Charlie. The teardown showed oil starvation, truck had never had problems before or with the turbo I've borrowed the last 2 weeks. I think both of us have chalked it up to bad luck. Charlie is top notch to deal with and has gone above and beyond to help.

Got the truck back running today and will get more results, will get towing results Sunday when I pull my camper home, 12k fifth wheel. Going to continue providing more uninterrupted data for those interested.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

djberg

Reaction score
Get the weight behind it! I'm really interested in results. I emailed charlie tonight on his unison rings since mine has some serious marking on it. Damn truck lol.

alwil

Reaction score
I bought a hybrid in June 2012, finally got my turbo in November, never did got to put it on as I sold the truck in Dec.....it looked nice though.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Harley Strokin'

Reaction score
I'm not a regular poster but I read a lot on here and on the org and when my stock turbo was going out almost 2 years ago I contacted Adrian about his turbos multiple times without a response. I eventually gave up and bought a powermax. That being said I have personally seen one of his stage 3 turbos off another truck and the quality and workmanship was shotty to say the least.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online