Who has actually blown headgaskets in gear heads race tune?

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
Funny thing is I drive the thing like a gramps most of its life. Getting rather expensive...

Im pretty sure you weren't driving like a Gramps when I saw you come tearing out of the truck stop rollin smoke like a boss! lol maybe it was trans smoke I saw tho......:fordoval:

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Not to hijack this thread or get off topic but could someone tell me what job# my 2008 truck would be with a 03/08 build date?

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a Powerstroke, with a TDI on the side!

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Brand of tune really has nothing to do with it, making 600 hp or close to it is asking a lot of your stock head bolts and honestly you can't really blame that on a tune. I think a lot of guys get upset when something fails and look for a brand this or that as the cause. But these trucks can make so much more power than they were ever intended to or designed to do that you're asking way to much from a stock TTY bolt.

sootie

Reaction score
Brand of tune really has nothing to do with it, making 600 hp or close to it is asking a lot of your stock head bolts and honestly you can't really blame that on a tune. I think a lot of guys get upset when something fails and look for a brand this or that as the cause. But these trucks can make so much more power than they were ever intended to or designed to do that you're asking way to much from a stock TTY bolt.

Come now, quit the logic already!

RSK

Reaction score

That does make sense, but i know a dirty tune is gonna create more heat which could help with blowing a head gaskets

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
That does make sense, but i know a dirty tune is gonna create more heat which could help with blowing a head gaskets

Main thing with tuning for stock head bolts is keeping cylinder pressures in check. But every truck is different and stock parts can only take so much.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score

Bubba8

Reaction score
If you don't mind what's the times like at the track with the three big tuners?

RSK

Reaction score
If you don't mind what's the times like at the track with the three big tuners?

I haven't personally been to the track yet, i'll be going in april or may when they open. But from what others have ran with a tune, intake and exhaust 12.60's to 12.40's from a race tune, could run slower too if your not at sea level or close to it.

2good2Btru

Reaction score
Doubt 12.4s with just a tune, exhaust and cai. And if I'm not mistaking there were only a handful of trucks able to run 12.6s with just tune/exhaust/cai

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

RSK

Reaction score
Doubt 12.4s with just a tune, exhaust and cai. And if I'm not mistaking there were only a handful of trucks able to run 12.6s with just tune/exhaust/cai

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I thought i saw some trucks running 12.55's and a few running 12.46's tune and intake and exhaust only. Either way, 12 something is deffinetly there!

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Wow, had no idea custom tunes picked up half a second. Nice! Looks I'll be getting some Gearhead real soon

RSK

Reaction score
Wow, had no idea custom tunes picked up half a second. Nice! Looks I'll be getting some Gearhead real soon

Pretty sure spartan canned tunes are running 12.60's or 12.50's jeff from spartan has posted this info many times in various threads.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Those numbers are wrong, most trucks I heard of are at 12.9-13.4 depending on chassis configuration, but for custom tunes there was a thread where they compared Gearhead and IDP head to head and gear head made more on the dyno but was slower at the track

Latest posts

Members online