Who is running the rivercity thumper hpop?

Whitezotti

Reaction score
Whose running this thumper hpop and what injectors are they running with it. I just recently purchased one and installing it soon.

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
A few guys are running those now with good success. Good at keeping ICP up with larger injectors. That a stage 1 or 2?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
the thumper 2 were testing for Josh has been keeping up with 280's all day at full icp voltage no problem, cleans up to a haze, and runs super clean. Idle is a big compromised, but our truck is dedicated to the track only, but its not bad.

Well worth it

Whitezotti

Reaction score
I have stage one thumper with 225's i hope it should be plent of oil pressure.
From what i read on rcd's website thumper stage 2 is for 285's, and stage one thumper is for 225's and below. Let me know if this is correct or not.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
is conventials like hybrids? or the opposite?

Hybrids use a larger diameter plunger, which means the injector body needs to be expanded via machine work, but this is precision machining and uses very tight tolerances. By doing this, it changes the injection pressure ratio of the fuel atomizing. You lose efficiency by gaining volume this way. However they use far less oil pressure because you technically aren't changing the stroke any, youre just displacing more within the same event.

Conventional's will make more power due to the higher tip pressure, which means better atomization. You do need to stroke the piston and plunger to achieve this as you are not changing the diameter of the plunger. The more travel you have the more oil you use, which means the stock pump is maxed out with volume at 4,000 psi at a certain point.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
Hybrids use a larger diameter plunger, which means the injector body needs to be expanded via machine work, but this is precision machining and uses very tight tolerances. By doing this, it changes the injection pressure ratio of the fuel atomizing. You lose efficiency by gaining volume this way. However they use far less oil pressure because you technically aren't changing the stroke any, youre just displacing more within the same event.

Conventional's will make more power due to the higher tip pressure, which means better atomization. You do need to stroke the piston and plunger to achieve this as you are not changing the diameter of the plunger. The more travel you have the more oil you use, which means the stock pump is maxed out with volume at 4,000 psi at a certain point.

Thanks for the lesson. It really simplified that and helped me understand what conventionals are. I was kind of familiar with what hybrids are. I knew they used less oil pressure. But I didn't know about the plunger part.

Whitezotti

Reaction score

It definalty makes sense that hybrids are not atomized right . Basically more fuel pressure, you need more oil pressure if your using conventional hueis.

Mdub707

Reaction score
It definalty makes sense that hybrids are not atomized right . Basically more fuel pressure, you need more oil pressure if your using conventional hueis.

Sort of... Let's call it injection pressure though, not to be confused with fuel pressure (your low pressure fuel system feeding the injectors). It's not that more pressure is needed, we need to maintain the pressure we want, so more volume is needed. The stock pump can't supply the volume of oil needed on those larger conventionals. Hybrids are just an easy way to keep oil pressure up, but you lose injection pressure because of the lower ratio. You're just making it easier to push the fuel out (and thus, less injection pressure).

Whitezotti

Reaction score
Sort of... Let's call it injection pressure though, not to be confused with fuel pressure (your low pressure fuel system feeding the injectors). It's not that more pressure is needed, we need to maintain the pressure we want, so more volume is needed. The stock pump can't supply the volume of oil needed on those larger conventionals. Hybrids are just an easy way to keep oil pressure up, but you lose injection pressure because of the lower ratio. You're just making it easier to push the fuel out (and thus, less injection pressure).

Thanks for the clarification.

smokedout250

Reaction score
Sub'd would like to hear more about the success and failures of these. I'm looking to possibly pick one soon beings I need one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitezotti

Reaction score
That's why I did this thread. I hope people post their set ups. Thanks. Just got one and getting installed with my 225s and barder turbo I will make sure to post a video soon and report the news

Whitezotti

Reaction score
Mine is at tsd. The injectors are on their way back to tsd . They are being shipped. As soon as they get there , they will install them. So next week I hope.im really excited. I'll be sure to post plenty of vids

Latest posts

Members online