Who let's the minimaxx defuel for them?

jcain

Reaction score
Just seeing everyone's perspective...

Also, who turns off ALL the defuels and relies on their right foot?

Denote if for daily and/or racing.

bdm1981

Reaction score
I have mine turned off. Mine is just a grocery getter. Don't pull with it very often and I don't race it. I keep a pretty good eye on my gauges so that's why I keep it turned off. That's just my personal preference...

Nj67

Reaction score
I bumped mine up 5 or 10 degrees from what the manual says and leave in on performance all the time. I hard wired mine so it its always on when truck is running. I also dont push her until she gets a little warmed up so i guess I could shut off the defuel feature and just use my right foot lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Forever off.

If I towed, I might use a trans temp defuel as an alert.

The "factory" defuels are so arbitrary and easily eclipsed by what I consider perfectly safe tuning on some trucks.

My gig is that if I'm all the way off in it, I don't want anything pulling me out of it! LOL

On the 4th gen dodges, defuels are dangerous and typically cause more problems than they prevent.

I grew up on 12v's, so when I came over to electronic trucks, I stuck with the mantra of leaving it on constant kill

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I used to run cold coolant defuel until one morning I really wanted to merge quickly and the truck didn't want to comply...

Forever off! LOL

CATDiezel

Reaction score
My defuel setting involves my eyes and right foot. No other protection. If I hit a spike for a split second in don't wanna listen to my minimax beep at me and defuel.

Of course with that being said I just drive my truck, don't hotrod it or drag race or sled pull or street race or do WOT RUNS.... lots of highways and enjoy my ability to pass as needed and pull the occasional trailer.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
The only defuel I have set is cold coolant ...

I misread,

sorry mine is on hot coolant temp

me too and its set pretty high like 220 but the fan doesn't even kick on at that so its not really that "hot" in fords eyes

johnboy27

Reaction score
I have a couple setup on my Minimaxx just as a precaution. I just keep an eye on the temps when I'm driving though. Daily driver

griz700rocket

Reaction score
I have pretty much all of mine set just above where they normally run. I don't look at the gauges that often under normal driving so if something is wrong I want to know it asap.

Coolant cold: 180
Coolant Hot: 210
Oil temp: 210
Trans Temp: 180
EGT: 1400
Boost: 42

Latest posts

Members online