who made their own trac bars

Charles

Reaction score
What length bars would you recomend on a 2002 ccsb with a 4" block stacked on the stock block in the rear?

Don't know who you're asking, but my 0.02 is that the CCSB has no meaning to the question, and with a stock spring, the link will need to be at a very shallow angle. With the truck at such a height with the added block, that means the link will probably end up being very long by the time you get the link angle close to that of the forward half of the spring from hanger to pin.

On a setup like that, the link will need to be gusseted with another section of tube/pipe with a section depth that will handle the added stress of the longer link. The depth will depend on the ultimate length of the member and the tubing OD and wall used to fabricate the main and support bar.

In a nutshell...... on a truck with stacked blocks and a stock spring.... F'ing long before you intercept the frame at the angle you'll be at. Tuck that mount as high on the axle as possible. If you hang it way down, when you go to shoot the line for the link to intercept the frame you'll be at the trans mount before you know it, lol.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Yea I should have quoted you, but I figured they would be pretty long. I havent decided if I am going to build a set or buy some.

Charles

Reaction score
Awesome....

Just drew an entire superduty frame section with axle on two blocks vs axle with lift spring at the SAME ride height, showing the vast difference in required link length and autocad crashed..... then when I opened it back up to use the recovery feature.... it crashed again.... annihilating the recovery file...

So much for that... not drawing it twice...

8luggin

Reaction score
Awesome....

Just drew an entire superduty frame section with axle on two blocks vs axle with lift spring at the SAME ride height, showing the vast difference in required link length and autocad crashed..... then when I opened it back up to use the recovery feature.... it crashed again.... annihilating the recovery file...

draw twice upload once

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Awesome....

Damnit, I would have liked to see that

Latest posts

Members online