Who rebuilds Fass fuel pumps

AllanB

Reaction score
I have a 150gph pump that went out some time ago. I need to have it rebuilt. I am sure there are a lot of folks on here that use Fass and probably several that have had them rebuilt. Thought I would post up and see if y'all would give me some feedback on some places that are trust wourthy.

Reaction score
I have a 150gph pump that went out some time ago. I need to have it rebuilt. I am sure there are a lot of folks on here that use Fass and probably several that have had them rebuilt. Thought I would post up and see if y'all would give me some feedback on some places that are trust wourthy.

You can send the T-block aka the pump and have FASS do it. I believe $150 and at that time you can get the liftime warranty for some extra $$$

strokin6L

Reaction score
your best bet is to send it back to FASS. I've heard of some having pump failures and they just send it back to FASS and they get it replaced.

OneStockQuik6.0

Reaction score
The best thing to do is ditch the fass and get an Airdog..I had two different fass pumps and then went with an Airdog awesome pump!

AllanB

Reaction score
I started to ditch the Fass and do that. But I read a thread a couple of days ago where a guy was bitching about being on his 3rd AirDog in 2 years. I used that first pump for 4 years, and it going out was more than likely my fault for not changing the filters on time. If it goes out again soon I will give it some thought. Appriciate the advice though.

Mdub707

Reaction score
FASS rebuilds them pretty cheap too, I know they've done a few for the vegistroke guys. What kills me is how long the FASS last's on our vegistroke systems, on the threshold of being overheated and pumping a liquid that is way higher in viscosity and heated up to 160* with minimal issues, but I hear horror stories from guys just trying to pump diesel...

AllanB

Reaction score
FASS rebuilds them pretty cheap too, I know they've done a few for the vegistroke guys. What kills me is how long the FASS last's on our vegistroke systems, on the threshold of being overheated and pumping a liquid that is way higher in viscosity and heated up to 160* with minimal issues, but I hear horror stories from guys just trying to pump diesel...
I have too, but I have heard from people on here that have used them for years with no issues. Mine was probably my fault. I went a very long time and a lot of miles without changing the filter. I have only heard one horror story ab out the AirDog so I am guessing it must be a good pump. But that is a lot of money and a lot of work just to change over. I am sure I can get this pump built for no more than $150. Kinda hard to swap to an AirDog when as little as $150 I have a spare pump ready to go.

didnt send in the warranty card? try a shop that does alternators.... they should be able to help you out.... a good machine shop should be able to point you in the right direction
You guessed it. But I did send in the one that is on the truck now.
Thanks Guys

Canadianredneck

Reaction score
what happened when it quit? fass pumps are VERY basic internally and really dont have any parts in them that cant be repaired fairly cheap. there is a plastic ball in there that you can suck through the housing and drop all fuel pressure and a simple ball bearing swap in place of the plastic ball fixes that issue. If your pump doesnt work anymore more than likely all you need to do is take the pump apart and run some emery cloth around all the contacts on the motor as they get crap on them overtime and will stop working. so if you take maybe an hour or two and say 40 bucks for a couple new filters and a ball bearing and a little emery cloth you should have basically a new pump. Ive had my pump 4 years now and with a little tlc its running as good now as it was new.

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
what happened when it quit? fass pumps are VERY basic internally and really dont have any parts in them that cant be repaired fairly cheap. there is a plastic ball in there that you can suck through the housing and drop all fuel pressure and a simple ball bearing swap in place of the plastic ball fixes that issue. If your pump doesnt work anymore more than likely all you need to do is take the pump apart and run some emery cloth around all the contacts on the motor as they get crap on them overtime and will stop working. so if you take maybe an hour or two and say 40 bucks for a couple new filters and a ball bearing and a little emery cloth you should have basically a new pump. Ive had my pump 4 years now and with a little tlc its running as good now as it was new.

I was running the stainless ball bearing in my return side... it started to stick the other day until it lost all pressure.... I had to use a mallet and screw driver to get the ball bearing out... luckily I had the newest updated plastic ball bearing from FASS and it has been working soo far. I alos tried to change the stainless ball bearing out for a new one and it didnt work either....

Mdub707

Reaction score
This kills me... the underdesigned FASS on my vegistroke, pumped garbage oil for my buddy for over a year, then it sat UNCLEANED for over a year in his garage sitting in crummy veggie oil. Then I put it on my truck and never even cleaned it, went right to town and started running it... still kicking. That's pumping 160+ * fuel too. It was NEVER designed to do this and it still kicks.

AllanB

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I had it alll boxed up ready to go. I will pull it out and see if I can get it going, also get in touch with Fass for a plastic ball.
Running on the veggie oil probably helped to keep everything lubricated. Diesel isn't the best lubricant. That is just my best guess. Someone else on here said they ran theirs for a long time on verggie oil also.

AllanB

Reaction score
I do appriciate all the input. Looks like this site is going to have a wealth of knowledge on it. Good deal. Thanks again guys.

AllanB

Reaction score

Thanks Bud, I took it apart like you suggested and sure enough it was covered with carbon. I just sprayed everything down with Lectra Clean, put it back together and tested it. Now I have spare. Works great. Thanks.

Canadianredneck

Reaction score
Thanks Bud, I took it apart like you suggested and sure enough it was covered with carbon. I just sprayed everything down with Lectra Clean, put it back together and tested it. Now I have spare. Works great. Thanks.

Good to hear man. And your welcome. :toast:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.