whos t4 kit?

slc6oh

Reaction score
well if this pay period keeps going the way it is, im going to order my t4 setup next week.

there's a few out there, but anyone have any recommendations? whos is better and why?

Really like the MPD one for the slick pedestal. But lookin for opinions.

(planning on the 362 fmw and for the time being stock injectors)

slc6oh

Reaction score
and if anyone could do me a 362/stock stick wot speedo run video that would be much appreciated

:toast:

OBS F350

Reaction score
There's a couple guys who have videos on YouTube with that setup. I'm really thinking about going that route with my truck also and ditching the powermax.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I went with the Cutting Edge Diesel setup from Matt. He's a sponsor on here. I went through the same dilemma as you last year trying to figure out which setup to go with. Matt was super helpful and I got my 362 from him as well. I don't have any WOT runs on the street, but there is a dyno video floating around of mine on here. The 362 has no problem cleaning up all the fuel that the stock injectors can throw.

I would highly suggest sticking with the divided up pipes no matter which way you go, and the divided housing. I went with the .83 divided housing (smallest option) and am glad I did. Get the upgraded 360* thrust bearing on the turbo too. I would also suggest FICM tuning if you don't already have it, helped spool up quite a bit.

getstroked27

Reaction score
60282abfa1f9e1c4e56fb7ea4fdd6118.jpg

45bc11fdf831a02634d77b03d51e77e1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

slc6oh

Reaction score
that pedestal really has me droolin. the pass side up pipe is no biggie to me, as I kinda "need" too keep my welded egr cooler there....

witch brings a second question with the slick ass pedestal. will the egr cooler still fit?

talked to mdub and judging off how happy he is with his it gives me confidence, but im still concerned that I may be opening a nickel-and-dime can of worms... after the turbo then im sure ill make too much boost for the stock cac, then gotta do something the case breather. then what else ya know? Im kinda being the guinnea pig here local doing this to a daily driver/only vehicle/weekend tow pig.

While I know its all just nuts and bolts, I just don't wanna have to be dumping money into this every week.

Joey here local at SOB performance is doing my studs and gaskets, (I plain and simple just don't want to do em lol) I wrench all day every day for a living/paycheck, I don't wanna dig that deep into my personal vehicle. haha

what kinda boost levels are people seeing with just a good stud job and non o ringed heads while staying reliable?

with the 362, ********** tunes, and stock injectors, (maybe one day some 155's) will I be cool with just studs and flat heads?

Mdub707

Reaction score
that pedestal really has me droolin. the pass side up pipe is no biggie to me, as I kinda "need" too keep my welded egr cooler there....

witch brings a second question with the slick ass pedestal. will the egr cooler still fit?

talked to mdub and judging off how happy he is with his it gives me confidence, but im still concerned that I may be opening a nickel-and-dime can of worms... after the turbo then im sure ill make too much boost for the stock cac, then gotta do something the case breather. then what else ya know? Im kinda being the guinnea pig here local doing this to a daily driver/only vehicle/weekend tow pig.

While I know its all just nuts and bolts, I just don't wanna have to be dumping money into this every week.

Joey here local at SOB performance is doing my studs and gaskets, (I plain and simple just don't want to do em lol) I wrench all day every day for a living/paycheck, I don't wanna dig that deep into my personal vehicle. haha

what kinda boost levels are people seeing with just a good stud job and non o ringed heads while staying reliable?

with the 362, ********** tunes, and stock injectors, (maybe one day some 155's) will I be cool with just studs and flat heads?

I haven't done anything to my truck other than a starter (completely unrelated) since I put this turbo in. I've been using it for 2 years like this, hauling my camper all over upstate NY every summer. I'm super happy I went this way.

Mine maxes my 35psi gauge, so I'm not helpful there, but I've heard it's around 42psi.

I'm on stock CAC, stock tubing etc. I did upgrade the factory plastic CAC tube to the metal one, which anyone should do no matter what mods, and I did put RiffRaff upgraded CAC boots on. My factory ones were oil soaked and had 125k miles on them, so they needed replacement anyway.

slc6oh

Reaction score
well, bought the irate t4 kit from broski, just orderd the s362fmw, .83 divided t4, and new charge pipes/boots.... hopefully mid next month it will all be on including a head stud job...

here's to hoping this don't end up costing **** loads of money. hahah

Mdub707

Reaction score
I hope you got the upgraded 360* thrust bearing on that turbo.

Irate makes a really nice setup.

slc6oh

Reaction score
I hope you got the upgraded 360* thrust bearing on that turbo.

Irate makes a really nice setup.

I didnt, but i can before i put it on...but is it really that big a deal? I keep reading the 6pad 270 its got is better than the 3pad 270 ?...Its not a race/pullin truck. So id say its got a pretty easy life... 130k on the stock turbo which i assume is a 270 thrust without any issues??

Latest posts

Members online