Why does my 7.3 rattle sound so different using LE oil

C2tuck

Reaction score
Jake if your CCO Certified I’ll get you a job down here in Texas...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C2tuck

Reaction score
Y’all are nuts. My a$$ would have drug up over that...lol

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Jake if your CCO Certified I’ll get you a job down here in Texas...

NCCCO telescopic booms with swing and fixed cab only.. but yes. from ACI in Oklahoma.. i work for the IBEW..
Probably cold wherever he's at.

Billy T.
[email protected]
syracuse.. it was like 20 ish i think that day..

live life full throttle

C2tuck

Reaction score
NCCCO telescopic booms with swing and fixed cab only.. but yes. from ACI in Oklahoma.. i work for the IBEW.. syracuse.. it was like 20 ish i think that day..

live life full throttle

Yep...that’s all you need. Come down here and work 15 minutes a day in the oilfield and make 140+ a year.

psduser1

Reaction score
And yet, in spite of all the jokes, a high school diploma can still get you 60-75$ an hour, lol. And substantially more in some areas.

mandkole

Reaction score
Got the 8700 in -- the only observation that I had was that the oil 'seemed' more viscous compared to the delo. Handling the pail is more of a pia, but I dig the new 5 qt transfer/pour jug. No noticeable change in icp, sound or tone of the motor. ( I run a little more icp at idle so the injs are a little more rattly anyway.)

I've tried to tell myself that the motor has magically changed since putting jims jiz in, but can't... lol. I hope this in depth review of this product helps you make your decision!

heavydoc

Reaction score
I've got jimz oil in my wife's Ex and haven't made the switch in either dually yet, but we both started our truck 2 days ago after sitting for for a couple of days and hers started in about half the time as mine. My truck has 212xxx, and hers has 177xxx miles. I think his oil is way better than others

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

mandkole

Reaction score
Ive got no doubt that it's good product, but I'm not an 'oil' guy. Im curious about any cold start improvements that may come over time. I need to replace the starter, so any challenges I have are not oil related.

Denver

Reaction score
I change my oil about once a month and started doing it myself about 6 months ago. I drive a 7.3. First change I used rotella. The next ones I used the delo 400 ck4/sn. The truck ran smoother overall with the delo. Easy starts like it had been plugged in. After reading the ck4 statement I switched back to rotella this last change. Its on the approved list but its still a ck4 oil. Engine does start without hesitation but I do notice a difference and its just not as smooth. The blowby smell is bad with the rotella. It was nonexistent with the delo. The next oil change I'll go with this 8700 oil and report back.

Latest posts

Members online