Why does my truck fall flat on its face shifting into 5th at WOT (Tuned/ DPF Delete)?

lxcoupe

Reaction score
I am running IDP's Xtreme Street Tune (approximately +300rwhp) and I've been enjoying the hell out of it for about 5,000 miles. But lately, with the foot to the floor, the 3-5 shift goes completely flat. Feels like someone cut the power completely, then it sort of sorts itself out and keeps going. But when that happens, a lot of the time, when I come to a stop, the trans is stuck in 5th. I have to put it in park for it to go back into 1st. Then after that it might shift funky (shifts directly from 1 to 3, then gets stuck in 5th again), then it goes back to normal and the issue doesn't reappear unless I go foot to the floor 3 to 5 shift. FWIW, I do have the Gogo solenoid installed, fresh Motorcraft fluid, and a fresh Motorcraft filter. Truck has 69k on it, bone stock until 64k.

78f100

Reaction score
Have you reloaded the tune? If not return to stock and reload, it may take care of it.

4tonGT40

Reaction score
I am running IDP's Xtreme Street Tune (approximately +300rwhp) and I've been enjoying the hell out of it for about 5,000 miles. But lately, with the foot to the floor, the 3-5 shift goes completely flat. Feels like someone cut the power completely, then it sort of sorts itself out and keeps going. But when that happens, a lot of the time, when I come to a stop, the trans is stuck in 5th. I have to put it in park for it to go back into 1st. Then after that it might shift funky (shifts directly from 1 to 3, then gets stuck in 5th again), then it goes back to normal and the issue doesn't reappear unless I go foot to the floor 3 to 5 shift. FWIW, I do have the Gogo solenoid installed, fresh Motorcraft fluid, and a fresh Motorcraft filter. Truck has 69k on it, bone stock until 64k.

Dzchey21 hit the nail on the head, I had the exact same issue a year ago or so and I had fried direct drive clutches and I think some reverse clutches I think. Long story short , I had it rebuilt and put a stock 3-5 solenoid back in along with other goodies. Mine would get stuck in 3rd gear instead of your 5th but same deal.

3brorce

Reaction score
You are witnessing a solenoid that is stuck off and most likely a trans that is getting weak.

Latest posts

Members online