Why does this suck.....really bad

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
i've checked all the settings in my head unit and everything is right and I've also played with the gain settings on the amp as well.

i just need a bigger box and eventually a better amp.

jdc753

Reaction score
Cool just wanted to make sure you had covered all the bases. Sounds like your in the right track, always frustrating when a new system disappoints.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
well it's not a new system....i just heard some other ones at the north texas rally last weekend and realized how ****ty mine is lol

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
well it's not a new system....i just heard some other ones at the north texas rally last weekend and realized how ****ty mine is lol

Haha. Keep the sub....i think the box and the amp may need some help

It wasn't horrible Lance...

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Lol, Its called medium density fiberboard, its just leftover wood fiber mixed with wax and resin that's compressed with heat, making it alot denser than plywood. You can get it a home depot. It resonates less than regular wood and doesn't expand as much, so you dont have to worry about humidity.

Get 3/4" so you don't have to worry about it cracking either. I didn't really care about aesthetics since it's behind my seat, so I didn't bother carpeting it, I might later though.

box.png

Particle board lol???

RBernardi

Reaction score
I have a kicker cvr 12" behind my rear seat in a slim truck just like yours. It's not a show mount sub, and it hits the seat but thumps. I don't know much about shallow mounts, but I would use a friends amp to see if it made a difference.

cw96stroker

Reaction score
Yea they are very similar in appearance, but MDF is put together more like layers of paper so to speak, and particle board is more like chunks of saw dust that are stuck together.

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
My guess would be ur amp I had two of those behind my seat in another truck and they sounded good but down low they didnt hit right. I love my tens.

Scarlet_Nape

Reaction score
gare you're just being nice cause i didn't even turn it on

He's being nice, because we all heard his. :doh:
I have those two 10s, and they don't sound anything like Gare's. :( Stereo sounds like the truck looks. :clapping:

You truck looked great at the rally, minus that tiny little ding on the right front!!!
flat_tire.gif

:poke:

Keanoknick

Reaction score
Lance, if you want, you can swing by the house sometime, and we can hook your sub up to my JL 1000/1 v2, and see how it does. The amp pushes 1000 watts RMS, more than enough to make that sub hit.

Let me know.

Latest posts

Members online