Why is my 2015 5" exhaust so raspy sounding?

WatchTryst

Reaction score
Truck fires, sounds good, then the hiss comes after about 2 seconds...that's the vanes closing. Mine does it every time. -40, 0, or 100, the truck fire with them open as far as I can tell, then closes them. Truck should warm up better with them closed, which is much more important to you in January, than to me in July.
If I lived in CN, I'd leave it...at least during the winter. Me...I'll be looking to get rid of it. Doesn't get that cold down here.
This is my understanding from reading here. If I'm wrong someone will be along to enlighten us.

I'm in the same boat being in NJ. It gets cold, but certainly not Alberta cold. lol.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
I would think that the ideal arrangement would be open in the main file, possibly temperature dependent, and maybe having them closed down when you start the truck and turn the exhaust brake on. Just thinking outloud.

sootie

Reaction score
I would have to guess one negative would be running a veins open tune when you're trying to fire that truck up in a -40 Alberta winter morning would not be too good for everything, no?

the veins are open when it starts regardless so..no, its not a negative. The only downside is longer warm up time in those temps.

WatchTryst

Reaction score
veins have a job to do, so anything after idle position of the pedal, would affect the tuning and that certainly isnt the goal. as for updates, we will start slowly updating whenever possible .
Hi Mike,

Any updates on when we can expect to see rollout of updates?

JRLott

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat being in NJ. It gets cold, but certainly not Alberta cold. lol.

Somewhere since I typed that, it has been noted that forcing the vanes to stay open at idle can be problematic causing the vanes to overreact initially by slamming closed and spiking EBP. I do like the way it sounds with them open though.

mfoltz

Reaction score
That sucks I was hoping it would be in the next update. I hate the hiss sounds so much better when it's gone

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
we have been sending out MANY open vein files with no issues whatsoever , and no complaints .

JRLott

Reaction score
I do believe most tuners will do it and, like bigrpowr said, they've sent out a bunch. I have my doubts that you'll be seeing Spar shut it off anytime soon. Dig around on here a bit. There was a thread a bit ago with a good discussion on the topic.

Notneb

Reaction score
I do believe most tuners will do it and, like bigrpowr said, they've sent out a bunch. I have my doubts that you'll be seeing Spar shut it off anytime soon. Dig around on here a bit. There was a thread a bit ago with a good discussion on the topic.

Matt already said he'd write it out of tunes if requested, so yeah all tuners will do it.

JRLott

Reaction score
Matt already said he'd write it out of tunes if requested, so yeah all tuners will do it.

Thanks for the correction. I got the impression he wasn't enthused about it. However, I should have known he would due to customer service reputation.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.