Why???

cbf9703

Reaction score
I'm not choosing sides here but adding timing can increase torque numbers, agreed? With emissions on Ag equipment and my experience with underground diesel equipment, power (fuel and air) can be down-sized for emissions compliance compared to a non compliant engine. If your already less than say 75 hp and you pull fuel out to meet emissions you can lose quite a bit of your torque as well, so remedy is to add timing. I can see it in off road engines, but something that you have free control of timing events and they're placed in an aggressive advanced setting.... I don't like the idea of that at all. I'm kind of surprised that one of these aftermarket tuners have not designed a strain-gauge type monitor system that threads into the glow plug holes to allow them to watch cylinder pressure changes with tuning.
Just because you don't see something plastered all over the forums doesn't mean it's not out there.
swamps does...
Yep, sure do.

Jonathan watches cylinder pressure as I'm sure others do.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

superpsd

Reaction score
The 7.3 blocks have been known to split and crack in a stock configuration. **** just happens. Crank the torque up and roll the dice and see how long it will last. 100,000 cranked up doing heavy work does not sound that bad actually. Stiffen the next one up it may go further.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Eh, just buy another junkyard motor, throw it in with the goodies and rock on. Been your best bet yet Joe.

1996 F-250 X-cab....

180,000 bone stock.

Whole truck for $1200...

Attachments

• IMAG2787.jpg
    IMAG2787.jpg
    914.2 KB · Views: 125

Latest posts

Members online