Will 2014 tailgate camera work on 2011?

Tim1216

Reaction score
I have a 2011 with factory nav and backup cam, will a 2014 tailgate with backup camera plug up and work with my nav and backup system? I've searched and haven't been able to find the answer. Thanks!

ftast350

Reaction score
Take a look at the plugs. If they are the same then I would say yes.

Tim1216

Reaction score
Take a look at the plugs. If they are the same then I would say yes.
Yea I'll try. I got one relatively cheap, so I'll try it and see. I'm just worried the video format may not be the same. If not, I'll swap out the emblems and handles and use the camera in my tailgate I have now. That should work I would think

Reaction score
Keep us posted if everything matches up or not. Would be nice ot have the camera in the emblem instead of the handle. Ive never liked the the camera is angled when its in the handle. Definitely makes it a little weird at times when backing it up to a trailer.

Tim1216

Reaction score
Keep us posted if everything matches up or not. Would be nice ot have the camera in the emblem instead of the handle. Ive never liked the the camera is angled when its in the handle. Definitely makes it a little weird at times when backing it up to a trailer.
I will. the tailgate should be delivered today, so that will be my project tonight. I'll let you know the outcome

Tim1216

Reaction score
It works! Took my old one off and put the new one on, plugged the camera in and it works fine. The image is much clearer on this new one. It just doesn't have the guidelines like the 2011 did??

ftast350

Reaction score
Should be able to turn the lines on through options on the screen

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.