Will this trans cooler work?

Gary

Reaction score
I have used those B&M coolers with the fans on some plow trucks. That cooler has a thermostatic switch set for 170* to control the fan, every truck I put one in has never seen more than 170* even when plowing snow, so they do work pretty good. I know those temps are accurate because they have aftermarket trans temp gauges.

Carolina444

Reaction score
I'm going to wait until I get my gauges installed and then add that cooler inline with the stock one and see what kind of temps it will maintain.

Gary

Reaction score
Keep the cooler in the radiator, and run the trans fluid through it first, then any air to air cooler.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Be careful when adding coolers to the stock system. You need to ensure you do not create restriction and stifle fluid flow. IMO you are better off buying a larger cooler (V-10, 6.0 or 40k Tru-Cool) and eliminating the factory air-fluid while retaining the fluid-fluid cooler in the radiator.

mustube

Reaction score
Part number FO4050104 is only 190.79 on rock auto plus you can find at least a 5% off coupon somewhere online. I have the cooler from rock auto, the quality is good and I had no issues with it.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Part number FO4050104 is only 190.79 on rock auto plus you can find at least a 5% off coupon somewhere online. I have the cooler from rock auto, the quality is good and I had no issues with it.

NIB, less expensive. Better than the $230+ members are asking for used coolers.

Latest posts

Members online