Window tint alternative

leland88

Reaction score
I have my front passenger windows tinted at 20%. I have received one ticket already being that it's illegal were I live. What is out there for alternatives to window film? ?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
I have my front passenger windows tinted at 20%. I have received one ticket already being that it's illegal were I live. What is out there for alternatives to window film? ?

No window film. Or a lesser %.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
custom smoked glass. used to be able to order stuff like that from texas. my sis bought a lil blazer down there and from the factory it had the privacy glass darkness on the fron side door glass and a smoked windshield. tell the officer it is factory glass tht way.. no tint to remove..

live life full throttle

LovetheTide

Reaction score

Look into medical exemptions. Not sure about your area but it was easy for me to get.

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Do like a buddy of mine does and spray paint! He loves SUVs and every one he gets the back glass on the sides and rear gets painted. Then he tints the front.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
I hope you're kidding
I'm really not. Lol. He said the way he figures it is his work van has no rear windows only the two front. So it shouldn't be any different. He's been stopped for other reasons and the officers have never said anything about it.

JMart

Reaction score
I'm really not. Lol. He said the way he figures it is his work van has no rear windows only the two front. So it shouldn't be any different. He's been stopped for other reasons and the officers have never said anything about it.

Except the OP is talking about the front windows. :fustrate:

I have seen some high end tint that stops more UV rays that the 20% stuff and it is lighter color. Can't think of the name of it, but the tint shop that does my trucks uses it on Mercedes and BMW's that come in from the dealer. Maybe check with a high end tint shop in your area.

Last edited:

leland88

Reaction score
custom smoked glass. used to be able to order stuff like that from texas. my sis bought a lil blazer down there and from the factory it had the privacy glass darkness on the fron side door glass and a smoked windshield. tell the officer it is factory glass tht way.. no tint to remove..

live life full throttle

how do you smoke windows? do you have to put a clear film over it after?

Look into medical exemptions. Not sure about your area but it was easy for me to get.
Talking with other locals around my area. Cops don't care about that

Except the OP is talking about the front windows. :fustrate:

I have seen some high end tint that stops more UV rays that the 20% stuff and it is lighter color. Can't think of the name of it, but the tint shop that does my trucks uses it on Mercedes and BMW's that come in from the dealer. Maybe check with a high end tint shop in your area.
Ok I'll talk with a BMW dealer and see if they can point me in the right direction

PDT1081

Reaction score
It more of a glare issue for me then privacy

Are they are manufacture that make darker glass for vechical?

Has anyone used smart tint? The tint that you can turn on and off electrical?

What's your legal percentage of tint? I have 3M Crystalline 90% on my windshield and 30% ceramic everywhere else. After the truck sits in the sun all day, there is no blast of heat when you open the door.

Another option is Huper Optik.

leland88

Reaction score
Side windows

66(1) The vehicle shall have at least two side windows or openings that are

located on either side of the driver so that the driver has a clear view to the sides.

(2) If the side openings are fitted with glass, the glass shall conform to ANSI type

AS-1, AS-2, AS-10 or AS-11.

(3) The glass shall not have coatings of sunscreen or reflective material other

than that applied by the glass manufacturer.

(4) Glass installed in passenger compartment windows, other than those described

in subsection (1), shall conform to ANSI AS 1 to AS 12 or be DOT approved and be

safety glass.

Latest posts

Members online