window tint?

Tncoalroller88

Reaction score
Limo the doors, back glass , and a strip across the front, and call it good... Op arent u from around TN i know u were at the rre last year ur avitar has Jason Pandolphs truck in the background lol.

7.3 Cowboy

Reaction score
I had alotta trouble backing when I first got the truck with 5% all the way around. But after over a year and some led reverse lights I don't have to roll my window down

87jumpy

Reaction score
I have 20% all the way around with 35% on my windshield. I love it, last 3 trucks have been the same way.

I would start with something like that, and if it was too light, you can always add a layer in the back.

I dislike brows, I think they look ricer...

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
All my back windows come out to about 1% with 5% over the factory 20%. The front are 20%. My windshield is 40% and I have a 10" strip across the top that is 5%. No issues with the windshield, even in rain at night.

STROKED-OUT

Reaction score
Not that it matters, but does your state have tint laws? Legal here in texas is 30% on front 2, and you can do anything you want to the back 3, like could spray aint them black if you wanted, and despite these laws, ive had no trouble. I would not go lighter than 5% on any back windows

Yes here in Ohio the way that the I interpret the law is that you can not have anything lower than 50% on the front windows, and a 8" eye brow on the windshield and can have what ever on the back windows. Although I dont think this would be a big problem around here because I have seen plenty of cars and truck with much darker than 50% and the cops do not seem to bother them around here. My worry is with out of state cops and the High Way Patrol. I use my truck to travel to various archery tournaments/ Hunting trips and the such, and would be afraid to be ticketed by other cops not around this area.

STROKED-OUT

Reaction score
All my back windows come out to about 1% with 5% over the factory 20%. The front are 20%. My windshield is 40% and I have a 10" strip across the top that is 5%. No issues with the windshield, even in rain at night.

Holly Crap haha, that sounds like it would be dark as Hell...have you had any trouble with the 5-0

STROKED-OUT

Reaction score
Limo the doors, back glass , and a strip across the front, and call it good... Op arent u from around TN i know u were at the rre last year ur avitar has Jason Pandolphs truck in the background lol.

No sir I am from Ohio, but yes I was at rre last year my girlfriend and I were the only tent campers over by where the dyno was at haha. Also that is Jasons truck I think I raced him a couple times that day.

STROKED-OUT

Reaction score
Y not go to walmart or the local autoparts store and tint them.your self? Its really not that hard.

Cut out the shap of the window. Leave a little extra to be trimmed later.

Scrape the window to be tinted with a razorblade scrapper. ( do not scrape windows with deforster lines in them).

Spray the applicator that can also be purchased at the store. Wipe it down with news paper.

Dont wipe the window with any kind of cloth. Even low lint cloth will leave fibers.

As you peal the film from the tint spray it real good and make sure tou dont crease it.

Gently lay the tint on the window. And slowly work all the air pockets and aplicater fluid towards the edge from the center. Use a rubber scraper. Sometimes supplied with a tint kit.

Be sure to also keep the scraper wet.

Tuck the bottom edge down below the window seal on windows that roll. This will help keep it from peeling. Trim all the edged slightly smaller than the window.

Do NOT roll windows down for 3days to let the aplicator dry completly and the glue adhere completly.

I like to pull the window out of the vehicle. It makes it so much easier.to lay it flat and do it.

Just take your time so you dont crease it or tear it. The key to a clean tint job is getting the window absolutuly clean first. Any dirt or fibers will stand out like a sore thumb.

Feel free go send me a pm if you have any questions. Dont tint if its cold out or the vehicle will be in the cold.

Ebay does sell pre cut tint. Theres the cheap stuff. Dont buy it. It will fade and peel with in a few months. You get what you pay for.

sent while looking at my sled. since theres no freeeeking snow!!!!!

I wouldnt mind doing this to just say I did, my only worry is screwing it up and having a bunch of dust and bubbles I cant get rid of haha. Do you have a name brand of which tint is the best to use doing it yourself. If I do go this route I do not want to buy the junk stuff just to save myself the money and in two years it turn that ugly purple color?

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Holly Crap haha, that sounds like it would be dark as Hell...have you had any trouble with the 5-0

The back windows are perfectly legal. The front two are only 12% below the legal limit here in GA, which probably helps me out. Not to mention, they're next to 1% windows so they look really light in comparison. I think I've just gotten fortunate with the windshield or it's the 10" strip at the top that throws cops off. Not sure. I did have a state trooper threaten to check them once when I got pulled over for tinted tail lights, but he let me go with a verbal warning. Pulled the tails off and have never been bothered since.

01PSD

Reaction score
Bro has the front windows matched to the rear factory tint... and even now it's hard to see at night if there are no lights around, seems like a huge hassle to me and even dangerous to go wayy darker than stock for the fronts. Can you even see through your rear views at dusk?

sootie

Reaction score
I have 20% all the way around with 35% on my windshield. I love it, last 3 trucks have been the same way.

I would start with something like that, and if it was too light, you can always add a layer in the back.

I dislike brows, I think they look ricer...

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

:whs: couldn't be said better

young7.3

Reaction score
Pics of mine as requested...

Sent from Prestige Worldwide headquarters!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362609291438.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362609291438.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 74
  • uploadfromtaptalk1362609303552.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362609303552.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 76
  • uploadfromtaptalk1362609355862.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362609355862.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 83

yotaneck13

Reaction score
I wouldnt mind doing this to just say I did, my only worry is screwing it up and having a bunch of dust and bubbles I cant get rid of haha. Do you have a name brand of which tint is the best to use doing it yourself. If I do go this route I do not want to buy the junk stuff just to save myself the money and in two years it turn that ugly purple color?

Its the more expensive stuff that walmart sells. One roll will do 2 front windows or one curved back glass. I find its easier to do the curved in strips. If you razor blade the window and clean it with newspaper the dust wont be a problem. Its just getting all the air out uniformly thats tricky.

sent while looking at my sled. since theres no freeeeking snow!!!!!

young7.3

Reaction score
5% all around and 35 on the windshield here