Wiring New CD player

Rico

Reaction score
Well truck has no power at the moment and I was attempting to install a new deck and had questions in regards to the wiring diagram. It seems as if there are too many diagrams for the same vehicle on the Internet. I have. 1995 F 250 XLT with stock premium stereo. So far I have the ground wire to black(thin gauge). Constant 12v to green/purple stripe(thick gauge) and ACC to yellow/black stripe(thin gauge). Now there is a black/green stripe(thick gauge) and a blue wire that look important left over. There is also a light blue with red stripe left over but I imagine that's the dimmer. Any help??? I'll attach some photos. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 41

Rico

Reaction score
Decided to run new wires directly from the deck to the speakers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 28

outlawpowerstroke

Reaction score
Blue should be for an amp to power it on.other I'm not sure on but I'm pretty sure I've got like 3 wires that weren't used on my truck.should go color to color on the speakers then constant ground and power then remote wire for an amp.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
For a truck with the Premium Sound option, I've found the easiest way to wire a new deck in was to remove the separate Premium Sound amplifier and it's harness. After that you are left with the harness connectors for a regular non-premium sound truck and you can use the pigtail adapters normally found anywhere. You just have to route the factory harness back up to the stereo opening in the dash. Cheers!

old man dave

Reaction score
Thats's what I did. Get the adaptors for the deck from Crutchfields. The premium amp wiring has the same connectors as the deck without the amp, its in series with the deck. Just unplug the amp and use the normal non-premium sound adaptor harness. Makes it a plug and play deal after soldering up the adaptor to the deck.

Rico

Reaction score
Yea I should have researched before I started, once again. I just figured, once again, that auto manufacturers keep it simple. I ran new speaker wires from the deck to the speakers but as for power, ground and ACC I spliced into the wires from the amp. I do have a light blue with pink stripe left as well as a thin gauge black. I don't have power to the truck yet so can't test the connections

Latest posts

Members online