WOP Fire Rings

TARM

Reaction score
Does boost actually seem to gauge well for its ratio to CP? The real issue is CP level which looking at TQ would likely be a closer estimation. But I have wondered if in general boost seems to track well with it given nothing extreme in ratio of boost to BP. I have wondered about this as the actual boost level in and of itself is a minor addition to pressure, but its results with fuel on CP is another story. So, I wondered if boost tracked fairly well with CP?

Powersmoker

Reaction score
How much valve spring pressure are you running?

180 if I remember right... The valve springs are pretty big, required me to grind the injector hold down brackets. Same heads I ran on my last built engine. (Buddy VanAcken's old engine)

Last edited:

JDub

Reaction score
Lightning runs around 115-psi boost with only the heads cut, never had an issue. As long as the machining and hot retorque are done correctly you should be safe.

Powersmoker

Reaction score
My old engine had grooves cut in the block and heads. Couldn't find a machine shop local willing to do the new block this go-around, so I had them re-cut the grooves deeper in the heads.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Have not hit 80psi yet, but been around 70psi a few times. 15k later... so far so good.

co04cobra

Reaction score
I have a built motor I took out of a race truck for my back up. It has WOP firerings with only grooves in the heads cut by BTS. Truck wasnt running 80psi, but 60 or so. It was also a street truck has around 16K miles on the motor with no issues I could see when I pulled it.

Just trying to give you some more confidence. Give it hell. :ford:

Powersmokin32

Reaction score
Great post I was curious about this. Since nobody in my area will cut these grooves, and don't really want to machine the bottom in for the WOP girdle.

Latest posts

Members online