Work truck project

Jason

Reaction score
I think the baby swamps are same cc's as a super duty injector (150cc's, bigger nozzle. I'm sure somebody will correct me if I am wrong.) Those 180's should do 370ish...givin hpo, and fuel are right. I know swamps advertises their 175/146's as a "375 proven rwhp injector." Besides the fact that it's a 5 speed truck...man, really?? You know it won't be fast, and I know you won't be disappointed in those 180's if they are bnib. As light as that rclb should be, 375-400 rw should run really well. I know that power in a rclb while it may not be FAST...it won't be with a manual anyways, it shoulf be plenty damn strong.

2000wa250

Reaction score
When you say they are "new" ff do you mean they are newly built out of cores? Or newly built out of brand new never ran injectors. If they are brand new not from cores then I would jump on it given you are essentially paying stock or a little less than stock injector brand new price.

ncollins64

Reaction score
I think the baby swamps are same cc's as a super duty injector (150cc's, bigger nozzle. I'm sure somebody will correct me if I am wrong.) Those 180's should do 370ish...givin hpo, and fuel are right. I know swamps advertises their 175/146's as a "375 proven rwhp injector." Besides the fact that it's a 5 speed truck...man, really?? You know it won't be fast, and I know you won't be disappointed in those 180's if they are bnib. As light as that rclb should be, 375-400 rw should run really well. I know that power in a rclb while it may not be FAST...it won't be with a manual anyways, it shoulf be plenty damn strong.
yes I know it's not gonna be a fast hot rod. Im just wanting a strong running dd/tow truck that can haul my 6.4 wherever or haul my equipment. Not sure on condition with the hpop and fuel system but that is why I've got a honey badger ordered and I've got Marty's e fuel in route. As far as what my buddy's injectors were made from Im not sure if they were new or remans. I do know he has the flow sheet and everything is new in box. That's the only reason I thought it was a good deal.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
That would be a good injector for ya. I know a guy with a 5 speed that all he does is tow. He has 160/100% and he told me it's more power then he can use with having a 5 speed. He cannot lay into it until about 3rd gear. If he were to do it again he would have got 160cc/30%. Just FYI.

Another note. Have you actually ordered your fuel system?

ncollins64

Reaction score
Yea I've got the fuel system ordered. It's Marty's partial kit with a driven diesel rr. I emailed Ryan casserly and asked him about changing nozzles down the road if I want more and he said it wouldn't be a problem. For now I guess it will be about a 350hp truck maybe?

ncollins64

Reaction score
My PHP chip should be here early this week and hoping I can get the sticks and glow plugs put in before the weekend. Then I'll worry about installing the hpop and fuel system. Anything will be better than it is now, the injectors are shot in a bad way.

ncollins64

Reaction score
I'd think it would do 350 no problem.
I can deal with 350 for a good tow rig. That's about what some of the newer trucks will put down stock isn't it? Also, I got my new eagle 16x10 wheels off my old 74 250 and got my new 285 fierce attitude tires in. Gonna try to get those put on wed. Has anybody ran these tires or heard any reviews on them?

Last edited:

Jason

Reaction score
Sounds about right. I think the 6.4's were doing right around 290ish rw stock, and the 6.7's were doing mid 300's. But they have the advantage of the trans gearing keeping them in their powerband while towing. But seriously, 350rw isn't going to be disappointing when towing. Hell, my stock 7.3 truck drug 21k gross, and I never really thought "man, this thing could really use more power." I was content with it as was.

ncollins64

Reaction score
That's good to know. I haven't been in a 7.3 in a long time and kinda forgot how they ran. Plus mine does have 4:10 gears so that does help a lot. I've never had anything lower than 3:73. I'll be staying local with this truck unless I haul my other one to Morgan and some other events because this thing can't run too fast.

Reaction score
The 180cc with a stock nozzle will idle real nice, a good HPOP like a Honey Badger or Adrenaline with a good EFuel system and heck maybe even a worthless wheel should do close to 375. If you throw a 38r super duty set up on and intercool it 400hp is doable. And you'll have a truck that if your wife can drive a stick she'll be able to drive it anywhere.

Diesel23

Reaction score
good info Nathan , im having issues with this new set up I got the 99 , I think I may need injectors in that beast , but just want same as your going for in this one to tow my other 2

ncollins64

Reaction score
Yea mine is shot. It white smokes like crazy till warmed up and everything else that goes with it. I'm getting these for 1100 but full force sells them for 1200. There stock nozzles but I can change nozzles out whenever I want to for about 400 I think. I think it will satisfy me for a while.

Diesel23

Reaction score
well I was interested in what you posted about those 200% ,but may contact you for the buddy discount on some FF injectors :) mine is smoking white till warm aswell and hard start like you said all that , changed all glow plugs ,only one was working and under what ford specs are lol , I just bought the auto enginuity with ford bundle so I can run a buzz test etc, and see , oh what fun
hope you and the mrs's is doing well , happy new year by the way

ncollins64

Reaction score
We are doing good. I was gonna go with some 250/200s but the price on my buddy's made my decision. I may upgrade later who knows. But my buddy is a dealer for full force and can get a slight discount but you can always txt me if you need anything. Hopefully you get it straightened out fairly easy. Keep me informed.

Diesel23

Reaction score
We are doing good. I was gonna go with some 250/200s but the price on my buddy's made my decision. I may upgrade later who knows. But my buddy is a dealer for full force and can get a slight discount but you can always txt me if you need anything. Hopefully you get it straightened out fairly easy. Keep me informed.

Good to hear , WILL Do -thx

cbf9703

Reaction score
Has anybody tried out the swamps "baby swamps" injectors? The price isn't bad compared to my buddy's new ffd stage ones?

Sounds like you've already got yourself talked into the FF direction, but FWIW I loved the chit out of baby swamps in a manual OBS with 4.10s. Had a 6pos with Swamps tunes, we used it to tow regularly and had plenty of fun with a good running OBS in town.

jngreen

Reaction score
Put up some pictures of this truck. I wish I could find a clean obs to for a spare vehicle. One that's not all ragged out or rusty. I also wouldn't worry about the 4.10 gears, it will run or tow however fast you dare to push it, it will just be loud doing it. And, I bet it is already much more reliable than your 6.4, even with weak injectors.

Latest posts

Members online