Wrapping clear vinyl on shocks

12stroker

Reaction score
I have a quick question for I am getting some icon shocks in the next week. And I am wanting to clear vinyl wrap the bodies so they will last longer and not get pitted. I have looked online for clear vinyl but they show many different types. Has anyone put it on themselves if so where did you get if from. I called a few places last week local for me and no go they do not want to mess with it.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
I have a quick question for I am getting some icon shocks in the next week. And I am wanting to clear vinyl wrap the bodies so they will last longer and not get pitted. I have looked online for clear vinyl but they show many different types. Has anyone put it on themselves if so where did you get if from. I called a few places last week local for me and no go they do not want to mess with it.

Did mine a while ago. Went to the local vinyl shop and asked them for some clear and they just gave it to me. Super easy to do, just need a little water baby shampoo mixture, a squeegee, and a heat gun. Took about 5 min.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Did mine a while ago. Went to the local vinyl shop and asked them for some clear and they just gave it to me. Super easy to do, just need a little water baby shampoo mixture, a squeegee, and a heat gun. Took about 5 min.

This exactly. Any local sign shop should have it Daniel. I don't know about here in CS, but in SA I would just walk in and by 5-10 ft of it

rentstdi

Reaction score
I went to a local vinyl shop and they just gave me 3 feet by 5 feet of clear stuff. It was in their throw out bin. I offered to pay for it but he just said get out of here

I got it home and cut it out put it on and it looks great. Pretty easy job

dsberman94

Reaction score
What about vehicle grade clear coat on the shocks might be a bit too expensive for the application though.

turbie

Reaction score
what about that aresol spray from 3m? its like clear bra, but in a spray can. you can find it at most auto parts stores.

might be easier.

Latest posts

Members online