WWG2 Test - Stock F350 Dually

Power Hungry

Reaction score
Bill, how would a stiffer canister actuator or the turbomaster negatively affect the backpressure?

Anything that is going to increase wastegate tension is going to increase backpressure. That's not necessarily a bad thing. What's really important is (1) That the backpressure is not becoming excessive, and (2) You are maintaining an efficient Backpressure/Boost ratio. The closer you can get to a 1:1 ratio, the more efficiently that turbo is functioning. If you're increasing backpressure, but your boost isn't increasing at the very least at the same rate, all you're accomplishing is creating a restriction and ultimately a reduction in power and performance.

There is a balance here based on the driving needs of the vehicle owner. For better response and good low to mid RPM perofrmance, a tighter exhaust housing would more beneficial. For higher RPM applications and better EGT management, a less restrictive type of housing might be a better choice, although there will be some definite low RPM performance losses.

Where the G2 excels lies not only in the fact that it's lighter than the cast wheels so it spools more quickly, but its design provides more efficient airflow at the same backpressure which results in improved mid-high RPM performance.

It's really quite exciting to see similar results on another vehicle.

under pressure

Reaction score
Thats a good review for a stock truck for sure.. Bet a hot live tune would yield great results..
I want more.!

Bigsexy

Reaction score
I ordered 2 of these for my brothers and the shop truck. Im still waiting on the 38r wheel to come out for mine

under pressure

Reaction score
Any one else,

Dietoremain ? can you elaborate on what you have seen with the wheel and 1.0 housing.

dietoremain

Reaction score
Any one else,

Dietoremain ? can you elaborate on what you have seen with the wheel and 1.0 housing.

I have been unable to get my egt over 950 with this setup its amazing. Obviously not as much boost with the 1.0 turbine housing but I have no probs hittin 30lbs. I'm happy with it. Still testin it out as I should be tho.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2

Bair

Reaction score
Someone just mentioned to me that running this wheel on a stock turbo is going to over stress an already taxed turbo. Mainly referring to bearing failure. Is that a concern? Or will this not be an issue?

dietoremain

Reaction score
Someone just mentioned to me that running this wheel on a stock turbo is going to over stress an already taxed turbo. Mainly referring to bearing failure. Is that a concern? Or will this not be an issue?

It was tested for a reason.. The lack of added backpressure is what makes it viable to be safe to handle the added boost its not stressing.the bearings any more than normal..

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2

Dieselsite

Reaction score

I love the quotes that start with "someone".

The wheel is 13% lighter, which loads less stress on bearings. The wheel produces up to 25% or more boost for the same drive pressure (same load), which also means that the efficency increase causes less load per lb of boost even at lower boost numbers( cruising).

At what point is the turbo overstressed in their opinion?

Bob

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score

The wheel is 13% lighter, which loads less stress on bearings. The wheel produces up to 25% or more boost for the same drive pressure (same load), which also means that the efficency increase causes less load per lb of boost even at lower boost numbers( cruising).

Bob
Always love your responses! Great explanation

Dieselsite

Reaction score
So with the drive pressure being the same and more boost, is there any chance of over speeding with the lighter wheel?

Without a tach, we can't say for sure what the rpms are, but we haven't increased the drive pressures and the boost increased (which means more air flow), so the assumption is that the rpms haven't increased, just more cfm per rpm.

Bob

Bair

Reaction score

Bob

Thanks for the reply. O you wouldn't know the guy, that's why I said, 'someone'. Fair enough? Ok the concerns were based on the fact of the higher boost. Make no mistake, I think this wheel is awesome.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.