XLT to leather interior?

ACFarmer

Reaction score
Has anybody taken a xlt truck with cloth and put leather interior in it? I'm talking factory heated seats and everything. Door panels don't really matter to me, just the seats, center console and making them work like it was a lariat from the factory. Found a truck like, but it's not leather and that's a deal breaker right now.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Has anybody taken a xlt truck with cloth and put leather interior in it? I'm talking factory heated seats and everything. Door panels don't really matter to me, just the seats, center console and making them work like it was a lariat from the factory. Found a truck like, but it's not leather and that's a deal breaker right now.

You could order katzkin leather seat covers and add the seat heaters option. http://katzkin.com/

co04cobra

Reaction score
I have been researching on doing it to my truck. Eventually I am going to do it even If I have to change the entire cab harness.

I have an 08 lariat in my parts yard, and so far, from I have found it "looks" like I can get it to be plug n play. The EATC however is not the same it takes a different dash wiring harness.

The part I need to finish checking is seeing if there is factory heated seat switches without EATC.

Dan177

Reaction score
My girlfriend just had leather and heated seats put in her Explorer. It was $1500 installed.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
You could order katzkin leather seat covers and add the seat heaters option. http://katzkin.com/

I've been eyeballing these too seeing its prob the quickest and easiest way for the truck to not have much downtime. Look like they are really nice, and the factory seats are easy to recover as I've done a few of our company trucks.

I had my current XLT seats covered with some fake leather stuff 5 years ago when I first got the truck and its held up awesome. But now its starting to show signs of wear and going to need to be replace soon.

sootie

Reaction score
i had a guy buy the seats from the wrecked 05 i have in the classifieds and all he did was cut the footlong pigtail that plugs into the bottom of the seat off right at the main harness that runs accross the cab under the carpet and splice it to the same harness in his xlt.

Wayne

Reaction score
Do katskinz in a unique way, with heater switches on the side of the seats. No big deal IMO. Throwing a manual trans in the deal for a lariat just made things a whole lot harder for ya I think.

Latest posts

Members online