Y-Pipe?

bootcamp

Reaction score
Here's the deal, turbo out and intake manifold is out, I am waiting to get home from a 21 day hitch and install my apex manifold. How hard would it be to replace the y-pipe at this point and who would be a good vendor to pick one up from? Would the performance gains be worth it?

webb06

Reaction score
Here's the deal, turbo out and intake manifold is out, I am waiting to get home from a 21 day hitch and install my apex manifold. How hard would it be to replace the y-pipe at this point and who would be a good vendor to pick one up from? Would the performance gains be worth it?

I don't see any performance gains at all coming from swapping up pipes. But it's a total of 6 bolts to separate them into 2 pieces and removing both pieces from the top. Pretty simple

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
You can get the y-pipe off now or even with just the turbo out of the way. IMO I run sinster y-pipe, it is a slip pipe fit, so no bellows, also the pipes going into flange are directed different and weld different to help in air flow. I have two trucks running them and they are great, can't believe that sinster offer such a good product. Everyone that I know that have them also love them. I noticed quicker spool no matter what vgt turbo you would use.

bootcamp

Reaction score
Next question is who and which one do I get? I see sinister has a complete y pipe set up with no bellows and their are some others out there that have upgraded bellows. So many choices and so many decisions to make. My up pies are in good working order, but I am already this far into the top of the motor and I would hate to put it back together just to have to pull it back apart again. Help me out please.

Merc82

Reaction score
I like the looks of the Sinister pipe with the slip joints and work done around the flange. But I was wondering if anyone has ever run the Innovative Diesel long pipe, I like the fact that it deletes the egr delete pipe with a solid piece. One less piece to fail if you run an egr delete. I would be interested to know if they work the flange like people say that the Sinister one has.

Dlinzy

Reaction score
I just installed the Sin Y-Pipe and it was a piece of cake. It does NOT have the pipe for the EGR so it is in effect deleted and makes it even easier to bolt up to the manifold down pipes.

I"m happy to not have to worry about bellows ever again.

Denny

Merc82

Reaction score
I just installed the Sin Y-Pipe and it was a piece of cake. It does NOT have the pipe for the EGR so it is in effect deleted and makes it even easier to bolt up to the manifold down pipes.

I"m happy to not have to worry about bellows ever again.

Denny

Ok. So it is a solid egr deleted pipe. Thanks for clarifying. That's all I needed to know.

bootcamp

Reaction score
Ok. So it is a solid egr deleted pipe. Thanks for clarifying. That's all I needed to know.
So is that a good thing or a bad thing???? I understand the reason for the bellows, so now my question is how reliable will the sinister Y Pipe be with out the bellows? I am looking to replace the factory bellows while the turbo is out and if I am going to spend the money, I want reliability and performance.

Merc82

Reaction score
Definitely a good thing, heard nothing but good things about it recently. What I mean about a "long" pipe, is the elimination of the egr delete pipe that is bolted to the stock why pipe when you do an egr delete. As one solid pipe replacing it, you shouldn't have to worry about it ever coming loose. Basically one less place to have an exhaust leak. I would say go for it.

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Nice man.. Whats the ETA? Im going to be sending my truck into the shop to get studs done sooon. I have a Strokers unlimited here, but hell...

Reaction score
Nice man.. Whats the ETA? Im going to be sending my truck into the shop to get studs done sooon. I have a Strokers unlimited here, but hell...

haha there a nasty piece of work thats for sure, ETA is looking 1-2 weeks, trying out best, you guys will be the first to hear when they show up!!

Tyler, don't leave us hanging, what is ETA on the pipes, I need a set by next February 6.

dw i won't leave you hanging, were looking at 1-2 weeks, so it will be close I'm sure we can rush ship you a set if it come close to the time when you will need them in your build

Reaction score
absolutely will!!

e11a0c75-ed3b-4b03-9597-373a2228611f.jpg

Merc82

Reaction score
Nice! What kind of price range are we looking at if you don't mind me asking?

Latest posts

Members online