yet another injector question

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Just bought a set of cores truck is a 03 dually all stock for now. Just want tobring it to life a little.
Plans:
Bullet proof, blue spring, 58v ficm, of course sct with what tunes not sure, and edge evo 2 monitor with why add on
Looking at regulated return, lift pump not sure which, kc stage 1.5

So injectors was looking at 155cc nozzles not sure or should I just go ahead get all parts and go 175/75

Any info on the build and who to go with on injectors.
Been looking at holders, warrens, and rcd.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
With the stage 1.5 some 175/30 would probably be perfect. Shouldnt be too smokey, probably a slight haze at wot, but it should move pretty good. As for injector builders, all are good choices. Ive got holders and they are awesome so far. Theyve nly got about 2000 miles on them so far, but no issues. Completely fixed my stiction issues, and they dont replace spool valves. From what i hear warren replaces spool valves for a bit extra, so that is one up side. But holders turnaround was a lot quicker. Never dealt with rcd or dwalt with a shop who has, so i got no insight on their injectors.

DieselMater86

Reaction score
I'm wanting 175/30 but I talk to a guy and said I need to install my regulated return and aftermarket lift pump before the 175s. I don't want to screw my truck up so guess those are being bought first and injectors will have to wait till Jan.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
They are recommended, however, if your stock pump will hold pressure, it should be fine. The only way to know though will be to test it with the injectors in. My stock pump was dropping out on a street tune with stock injectors. So you could always check it first to give you an idea of how your pump is.

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Thanks I will test it out first so I will know for sure. I just ordered my egr kit, coolant filter kit, blue spring, new fuel filters, and oil cooler kit. Going to tear into the truck during Xmas shutdown and may pull the turbo apart clean it and find a small oil leak fix it. Wish I already had my injectors I would go ahead stud it and do them two weeks would be perfect time to take my time and do it all myself.

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Bout to do my egr and oil cooler in a few weeks what more would I need to just pull the injectors and clean them. I have a stiction issue just wondering if it would be worth cleaning the spool valves and what would I need to replace also while there

04stroker

Reaction score
The 175/30 is what I would go with for your setup should suite you pretty well. If your stock fuel pump is healthy it should maintain fuel pressure with just the addition of a regulated return. I have done that setup many times without issue. I just like sticking with the OEM pump if at all possible because they are quiet and reliable. They are also easy to come by if you ever have one go bad which a aftermarket lift pump you would most likely have to get shipped in.

We do offer a couple options. We have our standard reman which as stated above we do not replace the spool valves. Those have a 6 month unlimited mileage warranty.

The only way we offer new spool valves is in our Premium reman injector line. Which includes new spool valve, plunger, piston, solenoid assembly, plug, etc... Those are more exspensive obviously but more reliable for the long run. Those include a 3 year 100k mile warranty.

Let me know if you have any more questions would be glad to help.

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Well ordered my edge cts 2 be here tomorrow. Ready to install it and the egt probe and see what's all the hype about this monitor and see what's going on with my motor.
Any insights on what to look for or info on what things should be reading.

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Well today is that day tearing into the truck. So far got turbo fixing to come out and start pulling intake and oil cooler. I have a nice list of things being done:

New oil cooler
EGR D-Kit
New up pipe
New Turbo Drain Tube
New Intake Gaskets (was looking at doing some internal Intake work)
Coolant Filter Kit
Blue Spring Upgrade
EGT Probe for my Edge CTS
Also have the turbo rebuild and mount kit

Next up will be injectors, head studs, and FICM.
Hopefully the HPOP checks out if not I guess it will be added to the list.
I will have some pics to post up later.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.