You guys happy with your exhaust?

jimmystoys

Reaction score
I have 4" Flo Pro on my 2012 since spring of 2012. All very rusty now. Unfortunately, it rains and snows on occasion up here in B.C lol. Rusted through 3-4 clamps at different times on a long trips. Not fun when your showin an towin. Waiting for the whole system to collapse one day. I really don't mind paying more for a better system...if there is one. Just want something clean and reliable. Anyone with advice, much appreciated.

95cobby

Reaction score
5" stainless flo pro here and no issues.. I am in Texas though so no surprise there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
five inch in manitoba that's a month old and I've got rust starting the welds already. Hope to get a good couple years out of it and then I'll just go to napa and buy myself some five inch exhaust piping and bends and make a cool dual set.

jimmystoys

Reaction score
Well I thought mine was suppose to be stainless. Where I purchased it says nobody really cares much about the quality of their exhaust. I realize theres poor quality and good quality stainless out there. Guess this Flow Pros not very good. Very disappointed. I had MBRP last time with no issues.

Last edited:

jwalk09

Reaction score
Flo pro and most companies use the cheaper 409 ss that will surface rust quick. Flo pro seems to show surface rust quicker than mbrp from what I've gathered online. You can spend the money and get 304 ss if you want high quality with no rust at all. I just went with flo pro aluminized and it looks brand new

Reaction score
4" Diamond Eye and happy.

A little footnote: 409 SS is not going to rust out but it will show some surface hazing of rust, but it is more heat tolerant than 304.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
My aluminized 5" flowpro looks great after 2 winters plowing. I figure it will take at least a few more years to look like crap

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
Flo pro and most companies use the cheaper 409 ss that will surface rust quick. Flo pro seems to show surface rust quicker than mbrp from what I've gathered online. You can spend the money and get 304 ss if you want high quality with no rust at all. I just went with flo pro aluminized and it looks brand new

this^^^ t-409 "stainless" left overs I took to scrap were not "stainless" enough for the guys to give me that price! "magnet sticks its sheeit" guy says lol

ro3rasher3

Reaction score
4" MBRP turbo back w/ 9" slant tip. Got a lot of laughs (re tip) until it was bolted up and I didn't expect it to make much of a difference with sound but it's pretty dam grouchy under even light loads. I was a little apprehensive reviewing how it all assembled with slip joints and almost returned it upon discovering the down pipe was at 3.5" when advertised full 4". Let's just say after installing myself in the front yard I'd bought the MBRP boys a beer over that half inch o.d. Been rolling over a month and nothing has let go or began rattling so all my expectations were either met or exceeded. **Only issue- make sure you are there when delivered or inspect upon purchasing as if any of the endos are bent or flattened during shipping it turns a fairly easy install into a major aggravation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Hate to say it but If you don't wash your truck two times a week in BC during the winter, everything is going to rust. I didn't wash my truck for a week and a half at Christmas, when I visit my parents and all sorts of parts of my truck have rust spots now. They use more salt than the salt factory itself...

NMSVT

Reaction score
What ever route you decide to take (I would recommend stainless) make sure it's 5in!!

jimmystoys

Reaction score
Ya the amount of salt was crazy this year. We had weeks of snow this time where we only see a couple of days at best for the winter. Doesn't the salt react with aluminum too?

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Ya the amount of salt was crazy this year. We had weeks of snow this time where we only see a couple of days at best for the winter. Doesn't the salt react with aluminum too?

Yes, it creates aluminum oxide, which causes corrosion. I have the aluminum model of the 5" Flo Pro and it's getting a little tired looking now too.

Jomax

Reaction score
I have a factory down pipe to a SS weight loss pipe, to MBRP SS duals. Fits perfect, looks great, sound great. I honestly don't see the need for a 5in exhaust.

JRLott

Reaction score
I have a factory down pipe to a SS weight loss pipe, to MBRP SS duals. Fits perfect, looks great, sound great. I honestly don't see the need for a 5in exhaust.

That's because you're only running a paltry 600 horse or so. Double that and you might find the larger exhaust useful. 4" is plenty big for us common folk.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Self etching primer and some hi-temp for the top coat just to be sure. Been holding up just fine but hey VA nor the Lower East Coast really isn't in the Rust Belt.

Latest posts

Members online