You know it's cold when a 6.7 doesnt want to start..

Mpoage

Reaction score
You seemed a little worried on the first vid of your truck, then in a hurry on your dads truck...little cold was it? Lol

When it didn't start the first two times I thought the battery's were gonna be drained before I could get it started. I didnt want to stand out in the cold fighting some rock solid jumper cables. LOL

RedRice589

Reaction score
Holy crap! We havent even hit the 30's down here.... i only hit the glowplugs out of habit i spend all day in a tshirt sweating.... bull**** i want some cold weather.

TERRCO

Reaction score
How true is it that if you take a glass of water and dump it outside it freezes before it hits the ground? I have heard this from a few people that come work down here. We rarely get below 30 degrees and if we do its not for long and only overnight.

Dustball8504

Reaction score
You guys make it seem like -19 f (-28c) is cold. It gets to -31f regularly and occasionally to -40f up here. That's why block heaters are standard in Canada!!

I'd like to see some colder weather but you guys can keep that crap LOL

I'd be happy if it hit 15-20 and stayed like that all winter, I'm sick of mud.

jdc753

Reaction score
Whew, good thing it started!! No place you want to be stranded or working on a truck.

Sure wish we could get that cold again up here, its been in the 40's lately and hasn't even gotten into the teens yet up here. Been a wicked mild winter, but years past I remember getting weeks in the negatives.

When it didn't start the first two times I thought the battery's were gonna be drained before I could get it started. I didnt want to stand out in the cold fighting some rock solid jumper cables. LOL

I thought it sounded like the batteries were fine, seemed the starter was spinning over pretty quick, and not like it was free spinning either. That's pretty cool on the automatic warm up and oil temp features too!

How many times did you try cranking it before the video?

BlkNTan

Reaction score
Hasn't been above 25 in a week here. But only down to 5 above or so.
Looking forward to 39 next Tuesday! Might be golf weather.

BlkNTan

Reaction score
How far that is from Philmont Scout Ranch? The Sangre de Cristo Mountains are a beautiful area.

alwil

Reaction score
How true is it that if you take a glass of water and dump it outside it freezes before it hits the ground? I have heard this from a few people that come work down here. We rarely get below 30 degrees and if we do its not for long and only overnight.

I have never seen that before....but at -65c rubber belts no longer turn

duddy

Reaction score
thats -85 f, at that point its just god dam cold. We are suppose to have a high around 0 come monday, and me with no place to plug the truck in, oh well guess that is why i change the batteries already.

RedRice589

Reaction score
I'd trade in a heartbet man... although i know for a fact riding horses every morning like i do won't fly in that weather!!!

Mpoage

Reaction score
Whew, good thing it started!! No place you want to be stranded or working on a truck.

Sure wish we could get that cold again up here, its been in the 40's lately and hasn't even gotten into the teens yet up here. Been a wicked mild winter, but years past I remember getting weeks in the negatives.

I thought it sounded like the batteries were fine, seemed the starter was spinning over pretty quick, and not like it was free spinning either. That's pretty cool on the automatic warm up and oil temp features too!

How many times did you try cranking it before the video?

That was the first attempt after sitting about 24 hours. I think the fuel was gelled in the motor itself and that's why it wouldn't start. My dad's didn't have any problems any of the days we were there. But that was just outside our cabin. Worst case scenario I would have just strung an extension cord out there and plugged it in.
How far that is from Philmont Scout Ranch? The Sangre de Cristo Mountains are a beautiful area.

It's about 45 miles from Taos, NM.

Latest posts

Members online