Your EGTs, Please.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
not necessarily, its all a matter of efficiency, its key. If you're out of the chargers compressor map, the truck will actually smoke more and have higher egts. Higher boost pressure isnt always the answer.

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
Yeah, I had the vanes stick coming home from havasu once with the boat in tow, one of the many reasons I preach gauges gauges gauges, and I glanced over and saw 40psi at about 1/2-3/4 throttle going up a slight hill. Wasn't making more power, that's for sure.

Garrett

encrypted with an enigma machine

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
So where is the best location to have EGT probe? I left my probe where the previous owner installed it, never really thought about it but its in the middle of my drivers side manifold. Stock turbo and injectors and I never see over 1000* at WOT with stock SCT tunes. At idle my digital gauge shows 200* but that is as low as the gauge goes.

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
It needs to be after all 4 cylinders , good place in the bend in the exhaust manifold

Twan

Reaction score
After I removed my ficm tune, now I have a sct tow tune, 155/30% and a powermax wot from 20-110 I hit a max of 1350, and around 1250 for the most of the pull.

Stainless

Reaction score
With my 190/100s and Elites SSX, cruising at 70, 1100 degrees, accelerating normal from 30 to 70 ill see about 1300, and wide open from a dead stop ill peg out my 1600 degree gauge QUICK and it will stay there until i let out. I also have a Banks intercooler, water injection, and all the other supporting mods.

I know I don't count, but that sounds like my truck. My gauge will touch the "T" in exhaust temp. Who knows that that is cause it's well past 1600. Good think I build this motor a little bit loose. LOL

TooMuch03

Reaction score
190/75s powermax, cruising at 70mph around 750-800. Before when my FICM was bad, I could peg the 1600* gauge, now with the FICM repaired and tuned, I see about 1500 on a WOT run.

Spindrift

Reaction score
After I removed my ficm tune, now I have a sct tow tune, 155/30% and a powermax wot from 20-110 I hit a max of 1350, and around 1250 for the most of the pull.

Why did you remove the FICM tune? In addition to a gearing issue, I'm wondering if my FICM tune is contributing to my heating problem.

Twan

Reaction score
I read somewhere, and pm a few people and found they said that a ficm tune with injectors was giveing them extra heat. It was a free flash for me. Glade I took it out. It even helped my cold starts.

Why did you remove the FICM tune? In addition to a gearing issue, I'm wondering if my FICM tune is contributing to my heating problem.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
that is true, they put out unneeded pulse width that just creates smoke and heat. Im planning on working with Bill to help create custom files for larger nozzles whenever he can find the time, that pulls pw in certain areas in the file to make it less smokey. The stock nozzle benefits from the pulse width in certain areas but also can suffer from something similar, but not to the extreme like a larger barrel capacity and nozzle would

constantfix

Reaction score
Powermax 155/30% I run 700-900 on flat, hills up to 1300 and full throttle run 1500-1600*, that's on tow tunes.

Same

155's, ss, regulated return, stage 1 intake, innovative xtreme x, mishismoto intercooler....

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
i love this cool weather, I never even look at my pyro anymore. this 66 and 150% nozzles barely haze when hot rodding in town. I wish it was like this during warmer weather. :jammin:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.